Taste of Royal and Chef's Table

I looked at the sample menu on line for the above special dining options. I am okay with what they show but my travel partner is fussier about food. Are the sample menus fixed in stone or should we check back closer to our November cruise to see what the menus are on Independence?

I know it states we can make requests in advance, how has that  worked?

Edited by temple1

The menus are set and have not changed in a few years.  However, if you have a specific need (allergy to shellfish, don't eat red meat,  etc), they will make individual substitutions. You need to just tell them before time. Don't expect an entire menu change though.

27 minutes ago, temple1 said:

I looked at the sample menu on line for the above special dining options. I am okay with what they show but my travel partner is fussier about food. Are the sample menus fixed in stone or should we check back closer to our November cruise to see what the menus are on Independence?

I know it states we can make requests in advance, how has that  worked?

The "sample menus" are the menus that they use. Fussy eaters probably should avoid set menus and plan on a nice dinner at a specialty restaurant where they can pick an item that they are happy with versus "mystery food" if you ask for a deviation from the set menu. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Seville2Cabo said:

The menus are set and have not changed in a few years.  However, if you have a specific need (allergy to shellfish, don't eat red meat,  etc), they will make individual substitutions. You need to just tell them before time. Don't expect an entire menu change though.

Agree. We eat at Chef's Table.  I have a fish allergy (all fish) and dh doesn’t eat shell fish  or meat.  We make sure to discuss it with them at least 1 day in advance.  Neverca problem. 

• Like 1