Cambodia visa

hoosier2017

We will be traveling to Vietnam and Cambodia this October with Amawaterways.  We are starting with the land portion in Vietnam and flying to Siem Reap with the group.   Has anyone done this and applied for the Cambodia Visa upon arrival in Siem Reap?  I don’t want to be unprepared, and I don’t want to hold up a group of other travelers upon arrival in Siem Reap.  
thanks in advance! 

54 minutes ago, hoosier2017 said:

We will be traveling to Vietnam and Cambodia this October with Amawaterways.  We are starting with the land portion in Vietnam and flying to Siem Reap with the group.   Has anyone done this and applied for the Cambodia Visa upon arrival in Siem Reap?  I don’t want to be unprepared, and I don’t want to hold up a group of other travelers upon arrival in Siem Reap.  
thanks in advance! 

I did the same thing with Ama in 2017. The tour leader that led us at the airport looked after the Cambodian visa for all of us. I believe we paid US$30 in cash for the visa.

Bear in mind this was quite a few years ago and things may have changed. What is Ama telling you?

Edited by gnome12

We took a Vietnam and Cambodia river cruise with Emerald in March. We easily got our E- visas to Vietnam but Cambodia, at least for us, was difficult to get a visa. We decided to get them at the airport when arriving in Siem Reap. It only took about 10-15 minutes as we were at the end of a short line. We then picked up our luggage and the guide and bus were waiting for us. If you get the visa at the airport, I'd let someone in the group know so they can tell your guide (we had a new guide to meet us at the airport.) It was very easy and I'd do it that way again

does it differ from their site, seems pretty simple and straightforward from that page

https://www.amawaterways.com/welcome-aboard-asia

OBTAINING YOUR CAMBODIA VISA

For your convenience, Cambodian visas will be available upon arrival to enter Siem Reap and Phnom Penh airports as well as on board AmaDara cruises sailing from Vietnam to Cambodia direction. Please be prepared with an extra passport photo and adequate cash in US Dollars.*

For information on how to obtain your Cambodia visa, please visit the Government of Cambodia's eVisa site.

On 7/30/2023 at 5:44 PM, hoosier2017 said:

We will be traveling to Vietnam and Cambodia this October with Amawaterways.  We are starting with the land portion in Vietnam and flying to Siem Reap with the group.   Has anyone done this and applied for the Cambodia Visa upon arrival in Siem Reap? 

We sailed into Cambodia and got our visa on the boat (travelled with Emerald...).  But just a head ups (I apologize if you already know this...) - it sounds like you will need a multiple entry Visa for Vietnam. If you do the land portion - and then fly to Cambodia and sail back to Vietnam then a single entry visa won't do.  Don't know if you can get your 2nd entry on the boat - might be best to get it before you leave.

And - not sure where you are getting your e-visas, but we went right to the website of the Vietnamese government.  Friends from Kentucky were going (meeting up there) and they were going to book with the Visa service recommended by their TA.  It was significantly more that what we paid so they switched courses pretty quickly when they discovered that!!

Fran

Thanks Fran, we applied for a multi entry visa for Vietnam.  AMA recommended a company to go through so we went that route.   Will confirm with AMA that we can get visa for Cambodia upon arrival with the land group in SiemReap.  

• Like 1