Honnigsvag - Car Rental for drive to North Cape

Just wondering if anyone has experience of renting a car in Honnigsvag and driving to the North Cape? We would be in port from noon to 9 pm.

Looking for info on:

- the car hire place ( think there’s only one)

- any worthwhile places to stop on the way

I know there are tours but there are 4 of us so a car is much more economical and we enjoy the freedom. Not worried about the roads, we have driven in Iceland before. Thanks.

Driving on Magerøya in the summer is excellent - not that many options. I think the only car rental is Nordkapp Bilservice.
In addition to North Cape, you can visit Gjesvær - if it fits into the schedule, there is an excellent sailing trip to Gjesværstappan nature reserve with Bird Safari.

You might get a feeling for the roads. Roads are fine but still snow in June.

Edited by hallasm

6 hours ago, Scottishclover said:

I .know there are tours but there are 4 of us so a car is much more economical and we enjoy the freedom. Not worried about the roads, we have driven in Iceland before

If there is only one car rental option and for some reason it doesn't work for you, you could look at a private tour, or even the public bus.There should be info on both options  to be found online.

And look into "visiting the North Cape" itself for opening hours etc also as there are options to enter some, or none of the attractions and you might find it helpful to decide before arriving there.

Edited by edinburgher