Transferring a booking to a TA

izdgrama

All advice and/or experience appreciated.  I understand when and the procedure to transfer bookings I think.  My question is about the CVP.  Does she lose commission if I do this?  I seem to remember that as Princess employees they work for wages not commissions but I’m not sure I’m right.  She has been so helpful but I can save $600+ on a 26 day cruise, add $360 more OBC and a dinner for 2. I like that!  Also, can I still book EZAir?  We’ve had good luck with that using Delta every time.  Thanks!

1 minute ago, izdgrama said:

All advice and/or experience appreciated.  I understand when and the procedure to transfer bookings I think.  My question is about the CVP.  Does she lose commission if I do this?  I seem to remember that as Princess employees they work for wages not commissions but I’m not sure I’m right.  She has been so helpful but I can save $600+ on a 26 day cruise, add $360 more OBC and a dinner for 2. I like that!  Also, can I still book EZAir?  We’ve had good luck with that using Delta every time.  Thanks!

Only one agent earns commission.  Once you transfer to TA, they get the commission.  Money talks, right?  That is why I use a US agency that gives a cash discount off the cruise fare.  You can still use Cruise Personalizer to search and book your own EZ-Air flights.

7 minutes ago, izdgrama said:

Your CVP will not get any credit for the booking if you transfer it to a TA.  In fact, all the work she has done will be for none.  So, for $1000 savings in discounts and perks, I might have to do the same.  But, I would let her know why you are transferring it.  

20 minutes ago, izdgrama said:

Wait a second though.  You have not said when you booked with CVP.  Guests have 60 days from booking to effect a transfer.  And you need to get the form and fill it out (or TA provides to you), including signing it.