Rotterdam Balcony Guarantee question

Bxc53

We are booked on the Eastbound Spring ‘24 TA with the Rotterdam. Its our first experience with a Guarantee cabin.

As I understand, we would be an a cat. VF or higher. Assuming we are assigned a VF, I see that one section of that category is directly below the smoking section at the Sea View pool area.

If we are assigned a cabin in that area, is there a process to request a same  category cabin in another area?

Thanks 

We also booked a Guarantee for the first time on a Rotterdam 2024 cruise.  It was required as part of an early booking package (Elite Beverage, Pre-paid gratuities, better wi-fi package).  Added Club Orange and we are in a VF cabin.

Anyone have experience with VF cabins?  I honestly never figured out the cabin codes.  I know it is location, but anything else?

7 minutes ago, SDARCH said:

We also booked a Guarantee for the first time on a Rotterdam 2024 cruise.  It was required as part of an early booking package (Elite Beverage, Pre-paid gratuities, better wi-fi package).  Added Club Orange and we are in a VF cabin.

Anyone have experience with VF cabins?  I honestly never figured out the cabin codes.  I know it is location, but anything else?

If you added Club Orange, you should be able to select your cabin and in a higher verandah category.  Have the deck plans out and call them or your TA or PCC.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kazu said:

If you added Club Orange, you should be able to select your cabin and in a higher verandah category.  Have the deck plans out and call them or your TA or PCC.

I tried that...unfortunately the good deal we got REQUIRES a Guarantee cabin.  I didn't really read the small print before calling to book.  Not really concerned.  Looked at the deck plans and the VFs are decent locations.  The VF was the upgrade from whatever category I initially started with before adding CO.  The cruise is a long way off - so I'll call closer to the voyage.

26 minutes ago, SDARCH said:

I tried that...unfortunately the good deal we got REQUIRES a Guarantee cabin.  I didn't really read the small print before calling to book.  Not really concerned.  Looked at the deck plans and the VFs are decent locations.  The VF was the upgrade from whatever category I initially started with before adding CO.  The cruise is a long way off - so I'll call closer to the voyage.

Wow - that seems so wrong but I get it.  I got a sweet deal with Early Booking too but I’m one of those finicky people and opted to choose my cabin 😉 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, YourWorldWithBill said:

Or you could think about Club Orange, with comes with an upgrade to any available cabin in the V class. The separate CO dining room on Rotterdam is really nice.

Appreciate the suggestion but we are hitting the top of the budget with the HIA package , flights, pre/post hotels, etc.. Plus we would be happy with any balcony cabin other than the smoke issue.

Guess we'll see how it works out..

1 hour ago, SDARCH said:

Anyone have experience with VF cabins?  

That's our "go to" preferred category.....

Why?  

They are a balcony cabin. 

No obstructed view.

We prefer being tucked away on deck 8 near the front of the ship.  Quiet area.  No thru traffic. Easy location to get to lido and the gym.  

Great price point.

• Like 3

We had a guaranteed verandah on our March cruise on the Rotterdam & our confirmation said VF cabin. We ended up on deck 6 (our favorite deck) & 2nd cabin from the end all the way up front (I think it was a VD category so a bit of an upgrade I suppose). It was fine, & the verandah was great, but on the day we tendered I couldn't believe how loud the anchor was & how long it took until the sound stopped (it practically made the room shake). This was very early in the morning too. I was so glad we only had one tender port! This was the first time we did not choose our cabin  because it was such a great deal. I'd do a guarantee again for a good discount but only on an itinerary with very few if any tender ports. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, limmerb said:

We had a guaranteed verandah on our March cruise on the Rotterdam & our confirmation said VF cabin. We ended up on deck 6 (our favorite deck) & 2nd cabin from the end all the way up front 

May I ask how long before the cruise you received your cabin assignment?

We also have a VF guarantee on the 2024 Rotterdam TA. We booked the cruise when onboard the Noordam. We had no choice either. Seems pretty far out for that to occur but this itinerary has so many optional legs that I can see why sort of.We generally pick our cabin, unless it is a last minute booking and are doing the Baltic Jewels before the TA. I am okay with the guarantee  because it gives me an unobstructed extra "room" and fresh air for a long voyage. I will try to ignore the steel railings if thats what we get.

We would have opted for CO but our travel companions are booked on just the Baltic and chose their cabin in cat V. CO wont work for them.

Edited by pmjnh

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like one or both legs of our September 2023 Rotterdam cruise are sold out.  Does anyone know if the guarantee assignments will be made any earlier if the ship is sold out?  I assume they wait until they make all the sales the can before assigning cabins.

Thanks.  We are still a bit more than a month out but just hoping.  I know from above one never knows when one will get word of the assignment.