Regent Airport to Hotel Transfer Questions

pappy1022

2 hours ago, TheShag said:

Hopefully i am right in tacking on to this thread. Staying at a 'Regent' resort for a post cruise stay and wondering about timing. I would assume that check-out is noon. We have an 8 P.M. flight. Wondering what time the transportation would typically pick us up. Should we make prior arrangements with the resort to try and get a later check out? Does that all depend on any other passengers on the same flight? Should we expect to get in/not get in to the business class lounge [some biz lounges limit the time you can spend in there prior to flight departure time] whenever the transportation tales us to the airport? Just want to make the return day as pleasant as possible given that it is roughly a 24 hr flight home [Bali-Toronto via Dubai]! Thanks!!

If I am Reading this right you are leaving from Bali. We have flown out of Bali several times. You probably don’t need or want to get to the airport more than 3 hours ahead of flight time -5pm. Most Bali resorts are very accommodating and will hold your luggage in a safe place and will let you use the facilities pool bar spa until you leave for the airport. Last time we were there I had a spa appointment after we checked out. There were shower facilities in the spa so it worked out well. We took a taxi to the airport, taxis are cheap. Check what Regent has planned and check what the hotel will do for you. You don’t want to end a great cruise with a miserable transportation day over the little extra costs of a taxi ride!

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/7/2023 at 3:09 PM, Bearsparents said:

@cruiseejwe are doing the same thing. I asked my TA about this.  They asked Regent.  I was told we could have Regent take our luggage to the hotel and leave it there and check in after our tour.  I will still be checking again as we get close to debarkation.  It seems like we should be good. 

@Bearsparents I'm just following up this thread to share our experience. We're onboard the Splendor now, and will disembark in Reykjavik on Thursday; I think you're on the same cruise. The onboard Destination Services people say that we can depart the ship independently for our private tour and show up at the hotel later — but we do have to take our luggage with us. They were very clear that their ground operator in Reykjavik will not transfer luggage to the post-cruise hotel for people who are not using their transfer. (It's possible that might vary in other port cities.)  

On 8/7/2023 at 3:09 PM, Bearsparents said:

@cruiseejwe are doing the same thing. I asked my TA about this.  They asked Regent.  I was told we could have Regent take our luggage to the hotel and leave it there and check in after our tour.  I will still be checking again as we get close to debarkation.  It seems like we should be good. 

@Bearsparents I'm just following up this thread to share our experience. We're onboard the Splendor now, and will disembark in Reykjavik on Thursday; I think you're on the same cruise. The onboard Destination Services people say that we can depart the ship independently for our private tour and show up at the hotel later — but we do have to take our luggage with us. They were very clear that their ground operator in Reykjavik will not transfer luggage to the post-cruise hotel for people who are not using their transfer. (It's possible that might vary in other port cities.)