Cove cabin 2286 Horizon

Tparsons60

DW and I are on the Horizon in 2297 in 2 weeks. Looking at the deck plans, since your room is aft of the elevators, it appears you might actually be under the gray (crew access only) area in this link- 

https://www.cruisemapper.com/deckplans/Carnival-Horizon-1355/deck03-3958

Carnival adventures is further towards the front of those elevators so you shouldn't be under it.

Here's the link to deck 2 for comparison -

https://www.cruisemapper.com/deckplans/Carnival-Horizon-1355/deck02-3957

Depending on what exactly the crew access area is for, it may actually be quiet as it may not be occupied all the time. Best wishes for an enjoyable cruise!

• Like 1

we just got off the Horizon 7/8! great cruise but i would NEVER NEVER book a cove balcony again! we booked 2286 figuring how much noise could there be since it’s under the shore excursion desk. BOY WAS I WRONG! it was noise ALL NIGHT LONG! sounded like dragging and banging! i complained the 1night and they said they were doing work with heavy machinery. Fine, but this went on every single night and i complained literally every single day. I will say they were very helpful in trying to find the noise. I even called one morning at 3 AM and they came down to listen to the noise and couldn’t figure out where I was coming from. They ended up giving me $200 off my bill but i would have rather had the sleep! i literally did not sleep the whole trip! it was AWFUL! we will continue to book our cabins on the Lido. we never had noise issues!! some people love it some hate it! we hated it and will never do it again!

On 8/4/2023 at 8:54 AM, cruiseguy56 said:

Just found this site with a "cabin checker" feature. Select your deck and your cabin and it pops open a window with what's above and below your cabin

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/cabin-check.php?ship=Carnival-Horizon

You're most definitely under the gray crew access are.

What a helpful tool!  Thank you for posting.

On 8/4/2023 at 12:18 PM, fozzy1975 said:

we just got off the Horizon 7/8! great cruise but i would NEVER NEVER book a cove balcony again! we booked 2286 figuring how much noise could there be since it’s under the shore excursion desk. BOY WAS I WRONG! it was noise ALL NIGHT LONG! sounded like dragging and banging! i complained the 1night and they said they were doing work with heavy machinery. Fine, but this went on every single night and i complained literally every single day. I will say they were very helpful in trying to find the noise. I even called one morning at 3 AM and they came down to listen to the noise and couldn’t figure out where I was coming from. They ended up giving me $200 off my bill but i would have rather had the sleep! i literally did not sleep the whole trip! it was AWFUL! we will continue to book our cabins on the Lido. we never had noise issues!! some people love it some hate it! we hated it and will never do it again!

On 8/2/2023 at 11:06 AM, Top_of_the_Cube said:

On the Vista, we had a cove balcony under Guest Services, which I assume would be more active than the Adventures desk.  On that cruise, we never heard any noise from above during the times we were in our cabin.