No more liquor orders

sab666711

It doesn't seem to show up in the app, but you can find it on the website. . . maybe.

In your Cruise Manager

Food And Beverages 

CATEGORY>>> Liquor

Sometimes if it doesn't show up, I click on stateroom gifts, then back a page and a lot more options show up.  The website is a little squirrely.

image.thumb.png.cb1c9ea8d9df0019635adc07c82ec454.png

4 minutes ago, sab666711 said:

Was this for ac7 day cruise? Only see the beers and wine for my 5 day

That was actually on a 10-day for next week.  I also have a 6-day as part of a B2B in September so I tried that one.  That one does not list LIQUOR, like you are seeing on your 5-day, but it's also an Elite cruise so we already picked our two free bottles.  Not sure if that's why I'm not seeing it on that one.  

• Like 1

https://www.carnival.com/help

Read the FAQ

Purchasing Liquor Pre-Cruise through The Fun Shops

All products sold containing alcohol have a limit of two products per stateroom. On 7 day and longer cruises, there is a limit of one bottle of hard liquor per stateroom and on shorter cruises, pre-cruise purchases are limited to wine, champagne and beer (no hard liquor).

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Carrion said:

Read the FAQ

All products sold containing alcohol have a limit of two products per stateroom. On 7 day and longer cruises, there is a limit of one bottle of hard liquor per stateroom and on shorter cruises, pre-cruise purchases are limited to wine, champagne and beer (no hard liquor).

Thanks, I hadn't seen that. 

It's strange that they included two bottles on a 6-day Elite cruise even though I wouldn't be able to buy them if I wanted to.  In addition to the two bottles, they include drinks everywhere on board.  I guess they just want to keep us stupid drunk for the whole cruise.  I don't drink more than maybe one or two during the entire length of the cruise, and usually just bring the unopened bottles home.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Carrion said:

Read the FAQ

What the heck! This truly stinks. DH and I drink different liquors. What a PIA this is going to be. All because Carnival refuses to enforce the already existing alcohol rules that some break. Now we all get to be treated like children instead of reprimanding the true offenders. This is beyond ridiculous. 

Does anyone know what happens to those of us cruising soon that have already purchased 2 bottles of liquor? 

Edited by silvercrikhix

15 hours ago, silvercrikhix said:

All because Carnival refuses to enforce the already existing alcohol rules that some break.

I hear your frustration, but what basis is there for this claim?  Carnival is pretty strict about the 15 limit.  Yeah, there are ways around that, and one of them is hitting the limit and then having extra bottles in your cabin.  You can't really have it both ways.

1 hour ago, StephPS79 said:

I hear your frustration, but what basis is there for this claim?  Carnival is pretty strict about the 15 limit.  Yeah, there are ways around that, and one of them is hitting the limit and then having extra bottles in your cabin.  You can't really have it both ways.

I’ve seen many visibly inebriated people get served alcoholic drinks. Rum runners and other smuggling during embarkation. Neighboring cabins showing us all they smuggled on board. The old buy 2 bottles in port and only drop off 1 at security table when returning from port. Drink a bunch in port and keep drinking once back on board.  We’ve seen people ‘helped’ back on board from ports.  Not everyone can handle 15 drinks by any stretch.  —— we’ve personally never had so much alcohol to have needed help back on board or to our cabin, or had a bartender refuse service, despite having a drink or 2 or 3 in our cabin on any given day —— The whole point was a few ruining it for everyone, again & again & again. 

13 minutes ago, silvercrikhix said:

I’ve seen many visibly inebriated people get served alcoholic drinks. Rum runners and other smuggling during embarkation. Neighboring cabins showing us all they smuggled on board. The old buy 2 bottles in port and only drop off 1 at security table when returning from port. Drink a bunch in port and keep drinking once back on board.  We’ve seen people ‘helped’ back on board from ports.  Not everyone can handle 15 drinks by any stretch.  —— we’ve personally never had so much alcohol to have needed help back on board or to our cabin, or had a bartender refuse service, despite having a drink or 2 or 3 in our cabin on any given day —— The whole point was a few ruining it for everyone, again & again & again. 

I agree, it's people ruining it for everyone, and everyone wants Carnival to do something about it, so they are.  What suggestions do you have for the above bad behavior you mentioned?  Maybe cutting someone off, but that is dicey too.  Being visibly inebriated means you shouldn't be served?  So no one is allowed to be drunk on a cruise?  That doesn't seem realistic.

Edited by StephPS79

We were with others and one got so drunk in Grand Turk security put her in a wheelchair and took her back.  She received a letter stating her card was blocked for alcohol.  But she had pre bought alcohol in her room and her husband could buy for her.

2 hours ago, StephPS79 said:

Maybe cutting someone off, but that is dicey too.  Being visibly inebriated means you shouldn't be served?  So no one is allowed to be drunk on a cruise?  That doesn't seem realistic.

42 of 50 US states have laws making servers legally liable for serving a visibly intoxicated person (known as "dram shop" laws).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, aborgman said:

42 of 50 US states have laws making servers legally liable for serving a visibly intoxicated person (known as "dram shop" laws).

I think we could argue this mostly to prevent drunk driving, which isn't applicable on a cruise.  Of course, if you are exhibiting bad behavior, it's probably best to cut someone off.  But expecting not to see drunk people on a cruise seems a bit far fetched.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, StephPS79 said:

I think we could argue this mostly to prevent drunk driving, which isn't applicable on a cruise.  Of course, if you are exhibiting bad behavior, it's probably best to cut someone off.  But expecting not to see drunk people on a cruise seems a bit far fetched.  

It's pure legal liability.

If the drunk injures someone - the server is liable. Could be a car accident, a fist fight, or the drunk injuring themself falling down in the parking lot.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, aborgman said:

It's pure legal liability.

If the drunk injures someone - the server is liable. Could be a car accident, a fist fight, or the drunk injuring themself falling down in the parking lot.

Cutting someone off does nothing to prevent someone from drinking purchased liquor in their cabin, which brings us back to the original complaint regarding limiting how much can be purchased.

• Like 1

I thought it was kind of funny that so many people are concerned about how to get more booze on board.   On our last cruise, our concern was how we would be able to bring it all home.  We gave some away and still packed 5 bottles of wine and a bottle of Irish Cream into our suitcases to take home😁

20230313_174852.jpg

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, StephPS79 said:

I agree, it's people ruining it for everyone, and everyone wants Carnival to do something about it, so they are.  What suggestions do you have for the above bad behavior you mentioned?  Maybe cutting someone off, but that is dicey too.  Being visibly inebriated means you shouldn't be served?  So no one is allowed to be drunk on a cruise?  That doesn't seem realistic.

Yes, you're allowed to be drunk on a cruise. You're just not allowed to continue drinking once you're drunk. That doesn't seem to be too unreasonable.

• Like 2