Boarding QM2 at Cape Town

Splice the mainbrace

We are booked on the QM2 cruise next February from Cape Town to Sydney as part of her World Cruise 2024. We fly out and land in Cape Town the day before departure and will be booking a 1 night stay in a hotel. I am curious about the boarding arrangements at Cape Town, I’m sure that I read somewhere on these boards that cruise companies bus you from a hotel check in location to the ship? Is this correct or has someone recently joined a ship there and know the arrangements.

It varies be careful

this April they used the mount Nelson as they couldn't  check people in at cruise terminal as it only has capacity for one ship at a time, it was occupied by MSC which operates out of cape town., 

In 2020 it was supposed to use the convention centre but we all know what happened. 

If only one ship is in can simply use the cruise terminal.

So choose your hotel according to what you want to do, then get taxi to wherever they are checking you in, you will hear at least a month before you sail

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We boarded the QM2 in Cape Town a long time ago, 2015 I believe.  We took a cab from our hotel, and that was easy peasey.  But at the terminal there was horrible chaos, big crowds, no organization, passengers who were elderly or disabled at risk, and it took a couple of hours to board.  I hope it has improved.

• Like 1