🌳Drugs (WEED) in the Yacht Club Seaside 💨

PompeySailor

7 hours ago, alyssamma said:

I think this is a bit of an exaggeration. Dogs are mainly at the port during embarkation. This is no different than drug sniffing dogs at airports.

It's *possible* some of these dogs may at some time be on some ships for some sailings...but again, very different saying they live onboard. Technically true on a very limited scope, but very misleading.

It is not "a bit of exaggeration". OP's statement that a dog is now a resident living on board is what is so shocking. Carnival has felt it necessary to house a drug sniffing dog on their new Carnival Venezia to stem the tide of drugs being smuggled on board. Youtube videos captured the dog with officer doing unannounced hallway patrols while at sea. Yes, unbelievable. But in the Yacht Club? MSC should think twice about how they are dispersing upgrades to YC.

Edited by morpheusofthesea
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, morpheusofthesea said:

It is not "a bit of exaggeration". OP's statement that a dog is now a resident living on board is what is so shocking. Carnival has felt it necessary to house a drug sniffing dog on their new Carnival Venezia to stem the tide of drugs being smuggled on board. Youtube videos captured the dog with officer doing unannounced hallway patrols while at sea. Yes, unbelievable. But in the Yacht Club? MSC should think twice about how they are dispersing upgrades to YC.

Lol, once again you prove my point...thank you. What I quoted as an exaggeration was dogs loving on ships. Since you yourself note it is ONE ship, I think saying ships meets the definition of exaggeration. 

I guess the only surprising and unbelievable thing is that anyone would be surprised by this. How is this a big deal? There are drug sniffing dogs everywhere...no big deal.

18 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

Lol, once again you prove my point...thank you. What I quoted as an exaggeration was dogs loving on ships. Since you yourself note it is ONE ship, I think saying ships meets the definition of exaggeration. 

I guess the only surprising and unbelievable thing is that anyone would be surprised by this. How is this a big deal? There are drug sniffing dogs everywhere...no big deal.

This is a case of 'backpedaling' or " I didn't say everything I said." Yogi Berra

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

This is a case of 'backpedaling' or " I didn't say everything I said." Yogi Berra

That’s exactly how I interpreted that as well - Great minds

Dogs love a good ship 😉

Edited by PompeySailor
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, alyssamma said:

Are we having a bad day?

• Haha 3

Just going to put this here ...

https://www.cruiselawnews.com/2022/04/articles/drugs/msc-seaside-drug-cocaine-bust/

And this article doesn't include the report of 414kg (+900lbs) of a certain powdered substance that a group of pax tried to bring onto the Seashore last November in a Jamaica port stop [I was on that cruise, but didn't see anything ... except some delays in boarding! - still trying to work out how exactly they tried to do that... the report I read stated 24 packages X 17kg (38 lbs) ... what the heck were they trying to carry on and put through the scanners... just casually bring on a few extra suitcases!].

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Hmm... it's a case of facts and a dictionary. Maybe look up the definition of backpedaling along with exaggeration. Not sure you know what either of those mean.

I guess because you can't find where I said anything to prove your point, and you continually prove mine, you are feeling triggered?

If so, I'd advise you to take WEED (SKUNK)

Lol, I feel bad for you. Please reply and get the last word in. You can quote Yogi or anyone else again instead of facts. I promise to not reply to you again  I know it will make you feel better.

Edited by alyssamma
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, alyssamma said:

I think this is a bit of an exaggeration. Dogs are mainly at the port during embarkation. This is no different than drug sniffing dogs at airports.

It's *possible* some of these dogs may at some time be on some ships for some sailings...but again, very different saying they live onboard. Technically true on a very limited scope, but very misleading.

Agree with @PompeySailor sailor here. There’s actual drug dogs living on ships. Government funded, cruise-ship approved. According to StCroix and Bermudian port authority (one US, one British), these dogs are the only animals allowed from

ship to shore without any type of quarantine from overseas. 

Have not seen them myself, but it does make sense. It’s low tech, high sensitivity. 

Warmest Amy 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, GOLDENBONNY said:

What explanation you want and why?

We would want to know what is the ship's policy on smoking being allowed in neighbors' cabin as to whether we made a mistake on our future cruises on this same cruise line. Then we would want to know what action was taken to alleviate our fears of fire on board ship. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, amygutman said:

Agree with @PompeySailor sailor here. There’s actual drug dogs living on ships. Government funded, cruise-ship approved. According to StCroix and Bermudian port authority (one US, one British), these dogs are the only animals allowed from

ship to shore without any type of quarantine from overseas. 

Have not seen them myself, but it does make sense. It’s low tech, high sensitivity. 

Warmest Amy 

I think everyone on this thread agrees with this. The only disagreement is the degree to which it occurs.

Some people don't understand what words mean and then get upset when you try to explain it to them...or quote pithy sayings since they realize the argument is lost.

But you are 109% correct. And if you look at my earlier posts I clearly said some dogs.living on some ships for some sailings. And everything posted so far backs that up.

Edited by alyssamma
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

It has been 50 years since we both experienced the smell of smoking pot in our college dorms, so the aroma would be 'nostalgic'. 

It doesn't have the same smell anymore. The old smell was very distinctive and the new stuff just smells like a skunk. In fact, the last time I smelled the original smell was probably in the 90s. I'm not exposed to a lot of weed smell but you know it when you smell it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, go.without.you said:

the new stuff just smells like a skunk.

Interesting. With all the genetic engineering these past 50 years who would have  thought to 'combine' hemp with skunk? Just another example of 'new and improved' for our 'modern' times ?

Edited by morpheusofthesea

1 hour ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Interesting. With all the genetic engineering these past 50 years who would have  thought to 'combine' hemp with skunk? Just another example of 'new and improved' for our 'modern' times ?

A little off topic, but our daughter just accepted a position with one of the nation's largest weed companies. Sr. Project Manager in Product Development. Apparently as part of her orientation she'll be touring their farms outside of Nashville, so maybe I should have her ask them about that? 😆

• Like 2

On 8/2/2023 at 8:56 AM, PompeySailor said:

I’m not American 

And it is as pungent as 

What makes it so smelly? The noxious scent of skunk spray can be long-lasting and overpowering. Skunk spray contains sulfur-based organic compounds called thiols. These compounds let off an immediate blast of acrid scent, reminiscent of rotten eggs

What's weird is when our poor doggie got skunked in the face a few years ago, the scent on her was nothing like the smell in the air when you smell a skunk. It was a very strong, hard to describe odor. Almost like terpertine. Even after we did the Dawn, baking soda, peroxide at home remedy (of course this happened late at night) followed the next day by a de-odorzing process at her groomer, the smell on her snout lingered for months.

On 8/2/2023 at 10:42 AM, alyssamma said:

I've sailed carnival a few times and never seen dogs on them.

Your claim is carnival has a full time staff to "sniff out" WEED (SKUNK)???

Yes, that is the claim, and it's supported.

23 hours ago, alyssamma said:

They DO live onboard!

Yes, this does NOT say they are living on ships. It says searches will be conducted on the ships.. those are very different things that may or may not be the same. For example, it could mean luggage is searched once brought onboard. It also doesn't say how many and how often. This is why it is technically true, but misleading to say what you did.

I think carnival, rightly so, is being circumspect in what it says. It would be stupid of them to do otherwise. But I haven't seen dogs roaming the halls on carnival ships so it can only be so widespread, if at all.

You admittedly only occasionally cruise Carnival. 

Lol, if you think that then I understand your confusion in reading the articles.

A more proper analogy would be, man goes to the moon. You would assume that meant he stepped on it, I would say *maybe* he did. In reality, several missions went to the moon before man landed on it.

You are reading between the lines and assuming things...I am not. Furthermore, I am using my, admittedly limited, personal experience. I haven't seen dogs on any carnival cruise. Doesn't mean they aren't there...just because I haven't seen them. I haven't seen marshals on planes but they are there for sure. However, if it was as you implied, there were now living in ships  I think I, or someone I know, would have seen them. Dogs, unlike marshals, can't blend in.

This is how your attack on the OP's post went. You did everything you could to discount their claim that carnival had dogs physically on ships searching for drugs. Then you went on to say that they may be on the ship, but surely they don't live on board. Finally, when shown that they do indeed live on board, you narrow in on the fact that only one ship was provided as evidence and the OP stated "ships". 

First, why the need to pick apart the OP's claim? Second, why double down and dig in to defend your position, just to prove your point. It's sounds like you're currently on a cruise. Let it go and go enjoy yourself. Do you have to be shown that it is definitely more than one ship? OP never exaggerated and said it was implemented fleet wide.

Edited by Hutcha
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2