Amsterdam HOHO Bus

Hello.  For those that have been to the Amsterdam cruise port, is there a HOHO (hop on hop off) bus we can walk to from the port?  We will be in Amsterdam Sept 18 on the NCL Getaway from 12:00 to 20:00 (8:00 p.m.) and I would like to go on a canal boat tour and the HOHO bus.  Can I walk to either or both?  Thank you for your help.  

Yes, there is. I have to say the Amsterdam Hop on hop off is a pretty low complexity hop on hop off bus. The city us not all that complex. The boat is a little nicer than the bus.

What I am saying is, yes the City Sightseeing bus/boat option is fine. Not as complicated a situation as some cities...Amsterdam is a relatively simply touring situation, compared to other major European cities. If you only have one day, a good, brief way to see the city, but I probably would only do the bus. If you gave 2 days, then maybe consider adding the boat. Do some research,  decide what you want to see.

Since Amsterdam has a lot of narrow streets the hopon off bus might not the best choice. Better take the hopon off boat. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ine said:

Since Amsterdam has a lot of narrow streets the hopon off bus might not the best choice. Better take the hopon off boat. 

Agreed. You won’t see the nicest bits of Amsterdam from the bus. You will from a boat.

34 minutes ago, NeilWM said:

But the HOHO bus does allow you to get to a variety of places you may want to visit rather than take trams. And yes bus stop right across from cruise terminal 

so does the hopon off boat. The regular canaltrips donot, they sail to and from a point. 

15 hours ago, Ine said:

so does the hopon off boat. The regular canaltrips donot, they sail to and from a point. 

Didn't we discuss this before? The hop on hop off boats make about 6 or 8 stops on their routes now...apparently resuming after Covid.

• Like 1

I would not recommend taking a HOHO bus.

Best bet is to get off Ship and make your way to the Amsterdam Centraal train station(10 min walk).

From there take any number of the trams and get a nice view of the city, or take a canal boat excursion also found in the train station area. Both will give you different perspectives of this amazing city!

48 minutes ago, Dorh said:

Ok thank you. I rather use CC than using Euros. 

There are many threads around here discussing how most of Europe is leaning towards, and in many cases, very close to being, cash free. Just try to use Visa or MasterCard.

26 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

There are many threads around here discussing how most of Europe is leaning towards, and in many cases, very close to being, cash free. Just try to use Visa or MasterCard.

Thank you.