Taxi from Haneda Airport to a hotel in Shinjuku area in Tokyo, any idea what the cost is? Other Options to get there?

gam888

We are flying into the Hanada Airport in July. We have 2 suitcases and 2 carry ons, and after a long international flight, we would like to have an easy transportation option to get from the Airport to the Sunroute Shinjuku hotel. I can see that the Airport bus has a stop there, but it only stops there at certain time, and it might not work out with our estimated arrival time. If we were to take a taxi, would we be able to find one outside of the airport terminal. How much would the cost be for the 2 of us approximately? We would need to go to the cruise terminal in Yokohama 2 days later. Any suggestions what is the best way to get there? Are there any car transfer companies anyone would recommend? Thank you in advance.

Haneda Airport to Shinjuku area hotel by taxi will cost you about 120 Canadian Dollars during the day, and about 150 Canadian Dollars after 11pm. Travel time is 30 minutes.

Limousine bus from Haneda to Shinjuku station runs every 20 minutes and costs about 12 Canadian Dollars per person. Travel time is 40 minutes.

Tokyo Monorail from Haneda to Hamamatsucho is about 5 Canadian Dollars per person. Then transfer to JR Yamanote Train or O-Edo Subway to Shinjuku; about 2 Canadian Dollars per person. Travel time is 45 minutes.

• Like 1

Thank you BruceMuzz for your reply. I checked the Limousine bus schedule. From my interpretation, it seems like it is stating that it only stops at the Sunroute Plaza hotel once an hour. Although it is clearly on it's route along with some nearby hotels. And I noticed the bus also only stops at the other nearby hotels once an hour or so as well alternatively. So I wonder why the bus driver would not stop in every one of these 6 hotels on its route on every run? Do you think I could ask the driver to stop at the Sunroute Plaza hotel since it's on it's route, even during a time when it's not scheduled to stop there?

53 minutes ago, gam888 said:

Thank you BruceMuzz for your reply. I checked the Limousine bus schedule. From my interpretation, it seems like it is stating that it only stops at the Sunroute Plaza hotel once an hour. Although it is clearly on it's route along with some nearby hotels. And I noticed the bus also only stops at the other nearby hotels once an hour or so as well alternatively. So I wonder why the bus driver would not stop in every one of these 6 hotels on its route on every run? Do you think I could ask the driver to stop at the Sunroute Plaza hotel since it's on it's route, even during a time when it's not scheduled to stop there?

When you arrive at Haneda Airport, as you exit the baggage claim and enter the Arrivals Hall, you will see several manned counters where you can purchase Limousine Bus tickets. The staff there speak very good English. Tell them where you want to go, and they will take care of the rest.

Edited by BruceMuzz
  • Like 1

We have used the limousine bus twice in the past, once from Narita and once from Haneda (also two cases plus two carry ons), it went perfectly. There is plenty of room under the bus as its really a coach it was very comfortable and we bought the tickets at the counter with our credit card.

Planning on using the bus again in October I can’ wait.

Happy planning 

Rosalyn

Edited by cruiseaholic78

Flying into Haneda around 4pm mid-week a day in advance of sailing on Celebrity Millennium in October. Staying at Hotel New Grand near the port in Yokohama. Considering a private transfer to hotel. How much time should I allow for customs and luggage retrieval for a target pick up time?

5 hours ago, kayakcove said:

Flying into Haneda around 4pm mid-week a day in advance of sailing on Celebrity Millennium in October. Staying at Hotel New Grand near the port in Yokohama. Considering a private transfer to hotel. How much time should I allow for customs and luggage retrieval for a target pick up time?

If you can tell us how many other airplanes are arriving around the same time, and how many passengers will be on those planes, I can give you a very good educated guess as to how much time you should allow.