Cabins under the Lido Pool - Are they noisy?

wgeddings

We are booked on an inside cabin on Carnival Magic (cabin 9312) and it is located beneath the Lido Deck "Beach Pool".  I am worried it might be really noisy or that the bands and other noise from deck parties will make it noisy.   Does anyone have experience with cabins on the deck right below Lido deck, especially below the open areas?

Thanks

32 minutes ago, wgeddings said:

Thanks.  I will get it switched.  

This website has a very helpful tool for checking this kind of thing. Go to the bottom of the page I linked below and click on the Cabin Check Tool. Choose a deck & cabin and it'll show you exactly what's above & below it.

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/Carnival-Magic

Edited by Organized Chaos
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TreyB said:

Yes, you may experience some noise. We always book a deck where there are only cabins above or below ours to avoid this. 

TreyB is spot on.  We stayed under the Lido years ago - never again.  Both chairs and music could be heard.  Horrible!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wgeddings said:

We are booked on an inside cabin on Carnival Magic (cabin 9312) and it is located beneath the Lido Deck "Beach Pool".  I am worried it might be really noisy

1 hour ago, wgeddings said:

Thanks.  I will get it switched.  

Hi @wgeddings🙂

I notice you are switching cabins. Very wise decision!

Cabins directly under the lido deck pool area are often prone to deck chairs scraping sounds; Deck chairs being washed, stacked & stored away every evening by crew; Deck chairs being set up in the very early morning hours causing scraping & banging sounds.

And that's just the chairs.

There are other things to consider as well, such as; Deck parties; Stomping/thumping; Music; Pool issues & draining; Maintenance doing work, and so on & so on...

As other members suggested, its always best to have cabins above & below you. A cabin sandwich.

I hope everything works out. Have a wonderful sailing!

🍹

Edited by ObstructedView2
  • Like 4

Oh wow. I'm aboard the Carnival Magic right now room 9312 and have no issues with sounds. It has actually been pretty convenient being a small staircase to the lido deck. Haven't heard any of the noises that people are mentioning. Maybe I've just been lucky. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, wgeddings said:

We are booked on an inside cabin on Carnival Magic (cabin 9312) and it is located beneath the Lido Deck "Beach Pool".  I am worried it might be really noisy or that the bands and other noise from deck parties will make it noisy.   Does anyone have experience with cabins on the deck right below Lido deck, especially below the open areas?

Thanks

Oh wow. I'm aboard the Carnival Magic right now room 9312 and have no issues with sounds. It has actually been pretty convenient being a small staircase to the lido deck. Haven't heard any of the noises that people are mentioning. Maybe I've just been lucky.