OBSERVATIONS FROM THE POOP DECK AUG 6-13,2023 SEASCAPE

morpheusofthesea

11 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

DfThis is how easy it is to just wander into the YC ?

Your description seems to imply that this wasn’t a case an aggressive set of interlopers, but rather someone who appeared to be legitimately lost.

your question is a good one. Sort of sounds like staff wasn’t paying attention or a lock was broken.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

Your description seems to imply that this wasn’t a case an aggressive set of interlopers, but rather someone who appeared to be legitimately lost.

your question is a good one. Sort of sounds like staff wasn’t paying attention or a lock was broken.

Quite right. Embarkation day is hectic. All new faces, both staff and passengers.

Read a posting 'quibbling' about what star rating one would attribute to MSC. Having only sailed in the Yacht Club we would give the YC a 5+ star rating. Our personal rating sailing in either RS/OS we give Yacht Club 6+ rating and will explain why after this brief 'google' of the differences.

https://www.sixstarcruises.co.uk/advice/what-is-six-star-cruising/

"As you can see, there isn’t too much of a difference between six star cruises and five star cruises, it all depends on what you prefer. If you enjoy absolutely everything being taken care of, then you may be better suited to a six star cruise. Or, if you’re more inclined to indulge in your own way with more choice on staterooms, then a five star cruise might be your better option."

"Six Star Cruising 

It’s All Inclusive

With a 6-star line, absolutely everything will be included. We’re talking roundtrip flights and shore excursions, alcoholic and soft beverages, open bars and even an in-suite mini bar that’s stocked with all your favorite drinks and gets replenished daily. You’ll also get to enjoy free Wi-Fi, transfers to and from the port, 24-hour room service, complimentary use of the gym AND with most 6* lines you’ll get an exclusive stay in a 5* hotel when you’re at port."

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Our personal rating sailing in either RS/OS we give Yacht Club 6+ rating

We drive to our port, so no need of flights or transfers. When it comes to tours at exotic ports of call, 'we have been there done that' riding a bus on bumpy, pot filled roads for 3 hour ride in and 3 hour ride out of tropical rain forests. Would rather hire a small plane or private car should we decide to ever do it again in our next life, and no 6 star cruise line would do that for the entire ship.

Another cruise expert spoke about caviar on demand. We never developed a taste. Yet anything we requested in the YC restaurant has been supplied. Our waiter on our last cruise,Ray, left for vacation. Our maitre 'd, Arthur, knowing we would be returning to cruise again in a few short weeks, had gotten a list from Ray, before he left, of our idiosyncrasies when it came to our dining habits and Arthur took the time to pass this information onto our next waiter. How can anyone go anywhere else?

• Like 4

Feel guilty we are trying out Explora Journeys. Been reading posts on social media of those on board Explora presently. Whenever I was bored on a cruise ship I would 'wax' upon The 'blue state of mind',  the 'roll' of the ocean, the lulling to sleep by the motion of the ship. That is what is being reported by one cruiser on Explora and may just be indicative of others as well ?

• Like 1

It is a beautiful day on the OnePool deck. Not crowded at 10:30 am. Very breezy, comfortable in the shade. Looking forward to lunch. Our assistant waiter brought a plate of 8 berliner donuts to our breakfast table, my past favorite 'breakfast of champions', but I had him whisk it away since I did not lose the weight I gained from our last cruise. (It was better than endure the lecture I would receive throughout the rest of the day).

Edited by morpheusofthesea
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

So far from all appearances this sailing is filled with a more refined group of passengers from all over the world. Tonight is Gala night. Although the staff has changed over there is still a very high level of service. So far the elevators have been 'hit or miss', better than the last cruises. Less drunk, frustrated 'guests' breaking the already broken key pads, but the cruise is still 'young'.

I just spent a few moments from the deck 20 OnePool deck landing videoing wholesale entry of interlopers coming into the Yacht Club through the 'locked' entrance to deck 19. Interlopers can be seen NOT swiping their key cards or wrist bands and either just pull the unlocked door or follow YC guests in or coming out. I did my duty and told a pool attendant and he carded a couple and asked them to leave, I tipped him $10. Then I went back just to see from the landing and saw so many coming in that I just gave up. I would go broke for every interloper I had to tip to get out. I am not going to make it 'my' problem. I am just reporting what I see. The pool attendant said they are coming in through Aurea as well. So they know of the problem. I have no way of 'blurring' faces so will not post.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, morpheusofthesea said:

I just spent a few moments from the deck 20 OnePool deck landing videoing wholesale entry of interlopers coming into the Yacht Club through the 'locked' entrance to deck 19. Interlopers can be seen NOT swiping their key cards or wrist bands and either just pull the unlocked door or follow YC guests in or coming out. I did my duty and told a pool attendant and he carded a couple and asked them to leave, I tipped him $10. Then I went back just to see from the landing and saw so many coming in that I just gave up. I would go broke for every interloper I had to tip to get out. I am not going to make it 'my' problem. I am just reporting what I see. The pool attendant said they are coming in through Aurea as well. So they know of the problem. I have no way of 'blurring' faces so will not post.

The logical extension from all of this is that non-YC folks know about the perks to be found within YC and have decided to pay non-YC cruise fares and simply walk the hell into YC unmolested.  
Unless MSC takes a stand the trickle will turn into a flood. 

• Like 2

On 8/4/2023 at 10:54 AM, morpheusofthesea said:

Been reading disconcerting experiences on board MSC ships of slow service, poor food, rude fellow passengers, over crowed pool decks, long elevator wait or no elevator service, amateurish production shows, and now illegal pot smoking in cabins. Yet with all this the ships are running over 100% capacity out of Miami. So popular that MSC for next year will be positioning 3 ships sailing from Miami; Divina, Seaside, and Seascape. We will be sailing the Seascape this coming week and hope to report back the 'picture' from our prospective. Summer vacation is coming to an end in some states and this might just impact the situation to the positive. We shall see.

@morpheusofthesea Interlopers, Weed and Velociraptor Pirate Shows OH MY!!!! Not our favorite class of ship, but I do love a good Morpheus review. Following happily!

Wizardofoz Ohmy GIF - Wizardofoz Ohmy Dorothy - Discover & Share GIFs

Warmest Amy

• Thanks 1

On 8/5/2023 at 12:06 AM, no1talks said:

There is also the best-left-undiscussed "upside down" pineapple hair bow, sometimes seen on cruises.
😵

Bom-chicka-wah-wah-bow.jpg.2103301d0c5edc3e6b2c911afb907d9d.jpg

@no1talks THIS IS FREAKING HYSTERICAL. 

Not to hijack at all, but on our Seaside YC last week (seems like a year ago) an older woman accidently grabbed my husband's tush in the pool. She was not mortified at all, and as we all were laughing about it I asked her in jest "Are you one of those pineapple people?" and her answer, straight-faced was "No, but my husband is.". 

We almost drowned laughing. Life apparently does get more interesting after 70!!! 

Funny Swinger Memes

Warmest Amy

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

I have no way of 'blurring' faces so will not post.

Even if you don't post for us to see (I'd love for you to post the videos, actually), you do have the option to show the videos to the YC director and voice your concerns. You don't "have to" but Yacht Club guests (present and future) would really appreciate it. 

sherlock-detective-magnifying-glass-movi

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Even if you don't post for us to see (I'd love for you to post the videos, actually), you do have the option to show the videos to the YC director and voice your concerns. You don't "have to" but Yacht Club guests (present and future) would really appreciate it. 

sherlock-detective-magnifying-glass-movi

Hear, hear………I’m holding my hand up (electronically) to support of this idea. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

Hear, hear………I’m holding my hand up (electronically) to support of this idea. 

Agreed!  And with two YC Directors on this week, they could play good cop/bad cop! Or perhaps be the best detective duo ever!

Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson: The Twentieth Century  Approaches (TV Mini Series 1987) - IMDb

• Like 3

This is more the actual case. Interlopers just walk right under the noses, in plain sight. The only ones 'bent out of shape' are those of us paying for the "exclusivity".  Maybe Explora Journeys is MSC answer to interlopers ?

download-2.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

This is more the actual case. Interlopers just walk right under the noses, in plain sight. The only ones 'bent out of shape' are those of us paying for the "exclusivity".

download-2.jpg

Is this a common occurrence in Yacht Club, or more of a one off? 

YC sounds like a great vacation, but with this thread and others it seems more like it "was" great before, and is now more of a free for all mess

3 minutes ago, Moparfiend said:

Is this a common occurrence in Yacht Club, or more of a one off? 

YC sounds like a great vacation, but with this thread and others it seems more like it "was" great before, and is now more of a free for all mess

This is common. As long as you can find a comfortable lounge and do not have to spend time in a long line waiting for your seafood buffet, you'll have a good experience. I fear that by bringing this to the attention of management off the ship will only reduce the benefits now being offered in the YC. Instead of the simple task of carding guests, management will just do away with the seafood extravaganza (understand they already are not found on 3 or 4 day cruises). The YC restaurant staff do the best job, but even they are 'forced' to seat the friends and family of YC guests residing outside the Yacht Club. Understand as well that MSC would rather spend more money expanding Ocean House to accommodate these friends and family than upset anyone that books into the YC. Just have to grin and bear it or go over to Explora ?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Moparfiend said:

We still have to say, even with this interloper situation, we are having the best time of our lives. One can compare all they want with the other 'shop within a ship' cruise lines. MSC Yacht Club is still the best. By 3 pm the heat becomes stifling and even the interlopers filter themselves out of the OnePool Deck. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Reading other social media posts and found out a couple answers. Questioned hostess at Hola Tacos about our Diamond complimentary meal does NOT include complimentary drinks. So BYOD. Then I passed by the Skyline restaurant and asked the host at the door that I heard the MDRs are charging for multiple desserts. NO. There is a $5 charge for an additional entree.

• Thanks 2

Here is a 25 second clip from tonight's Chora Theatre production of "Premiere". They are getting better and better. They have a couple that are called Fusion Duo that were described as an 'adagio' act.(whatever that means). Their routine was a little different than last nights in Le Cabaret Rouge. Then there was Bella from Australia belting out some songs that were different from two weeks ago.

• Like 1

Kept running into this good looking officer around the YC, looks like a James Bond type character, coming down the marble stairs in the YC. No else was around so we asked him if he was our new YC Director. Sure enough. Got his first name, Ianchal. He is not official til next cruise, but we ran into him more than Taylon this cruise.

13 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

This is common. As long as you can find a comfortable lounge and do not have to spend time in a long line waiting for your seafood buffet, you'll have a good experience. I fear that by bringing this to the attention of management off the ship will only reduce the benefits now being offered in the YC. Instead of the simple task of carding guests, management will just do away with the seafood extravaganza (understand they already are not found on 3 or 4 day cruises). The YC restaurant staff do the best job, but even they are 'forced' to seat the friends and family of YC guests residing outside the Yacht Club. Understand as well that MSC would rather spend more money expanding Ocean House to accommodate these friends and family than upset anyone that books into the YC. Just have to grin and bear it or go over to Explora ?

If this is the case and it continues not to be enforced, then I would ask for a partial refund as I could have sailed in a Bella inside with no drink package and just walked in and helped myself.  If it continues, everyone will start doing it.  My question is is it worse than a year ago?  Are more people getting in?

• Like 1