NCL Free at Sea Promo - What Airline Were you booked on?

Hunny15602

NCL Airfare Promo - What Airline Were you booked on?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. NCL Airfare Promo - What Airline Were you booked on?

• Alaska
    • Allegiant
    • American
    • Delta
    • Frontier
    • Hawaiian
    • JetBlue
    • Southwest
    • Spirit
    • United
    • Continental
    • Republic
    • SkyWest
    • Other

1 hour ago, cruiseny4life said:

We paid $600 for the NCL BOGO Air. The same itinerary is currently priced at $1,850 for two, so I'd say we saved a good chunk of change by choosing NCL's air option. 

Again, thank you NCL for making me a happy cruising flyer!

I think I'm gonna start collecting these positive reviews somewhere so the next time someone says "NCL BOGO is terrible, nobody should ever use it, it's a joke, not worth it," etc. Just to remind myself that a lot of people do like it. 😆😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tried to add it for my cruise this December but it turns out it can only be done before final payment. Half my flights are already booked but since I upgraded to FAS after final payment I thought I’d try getting a better deal on my flight, no luck. All is good however since I just upgraded my cabin including adding FAS for $62 CAD.

I paid $249 for 2 tickets from Grand Rapids, Michigan to Miami/FLL for our Caribbean cruise over Thanksgiving.  I requested a 1-day deviation (credited $25) to fly in early due to a flight cancellation earlier this spring that forced us to drive all night to NYC to catch our cruise.  We got our flight information yesterday - 94 days out.  Both flights are on American in Economy - 11:00am GRR to LaGuardia for a 1.75 hour lay-over then to Miami with a 6:30pm arrival time.  Our return doesn't leave Miami until 8:30pm, but it's a direct flight.  Super happy with these times, especially since the exact same itinerary would have cost $1430 if I booked it on my own last night.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

You can only choose one airline on the poll. I have been booked on American and United domestically and most of the times on United and it’s Star Alliance Partners until May for European cruises. I’m booked now on Air Canada and Delta for my North Europe September trip. It’s still to early to receive my air confirmation for my Christmas San Juan cruise but I hope is American, United or Jet Blue in that order of preference.

• Like 1

Just got my flight info for my next cruise, 35 days out, after calling to get the info, but still not showing in my reservation. Booked on Southwest, Oregon to Baltimore. No luggage fees, so paid $25 for early bird boarding. And a real first for me - I have a 1-day deviation and I'm on a same-day flight, not a red-eye, west coast to east coast.  Don't arrive until evening but I didn't have plans in Baltimore anyway.

Return, Montreal to Oregon is AirCanada/United code share. Paid $14 to pick my seat on 1 flight, no cost on the other.  Perfectly happy with the flights, although I'd hoped for a later flight out of Montreal so I could do the post-cruise excursion.

• Thanks 1

We just got our flight information, flying from Halifax to Montreal to Quebec City and then LaGuardia to Montreal to Halifax. Our flight leaves Quebec City and returns from New York. We did a 2 day deviation pre-cruise. Our flights are great, no late night arriving home, and saved a ton of money. This was our first time booking the BOGO deal with NCL but would definitely do it again 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

UPDATE!  I received the flight arrangements from NCL over the weekend, which is about 105 days out from cruise day, yay!

We are booked on American & United - awesome!

Confirming the TA truly sucks - the deviation was not accounted for, so I have an early morning flight the day of the cruise, and flying into EWR, but hey, we have the NCL transfers, so whatever.

We sent a message to the TA, who is on a month long vacation.  She infers that NCL screwed up the deviation, and she'll call them to see if they can do anything about it, when she returns in about 10 days!

I looked up the flights, and I can easily purchase exit row for both flights, but I guess I have to hold off just in case she's able to get the deviation.

I now have hotels booked the night before in both NYC and Charlotte, plus a rental car reservation as my contingencies.  Travel Insurance too, of course.

Last time she gets my business...

• Like 2

Here's the link to the NCL fine print on the bogo air promo. Scroll down until you get to Buy airfare get second guest free. Norwegian Cruise Line - Promotions Terms and Conditions
https://www.ncl.com/about/terms-and-conditions/promotions

Fine print says things like if you're going west coast to east coast you will most likely be on a red eye flight, they will try to get you a flight that arrives before 7 pm on deviations, lots of other stuff.  I've used it 4 times now and I probably won't use it again. The price is good until you have to pay to upgrade seats because they put you in middle seats and 5 rows apart from the person you're traveling with. Also they put us on a flight out of Montreal,  3.5 hrs by bus from Quebec city port because they couldn't find a flight. Second if I want to go early into a city I  have no idea when I'll get there. Was expecting a red eye to NY but the ncl flight won't get in until 3:30 PM. Lost an entire day of sight seeing. Also didn't get our flight until 35 days before cruise. Also NCL states that any changes or cancelation with the flights within 72 hours of the flight is not their problem and we have to work it out with the airline.  So even though NCL books it they aren't guaranteeing you'll get to the cruise if flights are delayed. 

Edited by zonies
  • Like 1

Fyi with the bogo airfare it says you can request a one way flight which is nice if you want to go into a city early and want to make your own flight plan so you can plan your sight seeing and not be stuck with whatever NCL books.

If you want more choice over your flights here's the link to NCL regular Air service where you can customize your flight. Norwegian's Flight Booking Service | Norwegian Cruise Line
https://www.ncl.com/air-service-standards

6 hours ago, Hunny15602 said:

UPDATE!  I received the flight arrangements from NCL over the weekend, which is about 105 days out from cruise day, yay!

We are booked on American & United - awesome!

Confirming the TA truly sucks - the deviation was not accounted for, so I have an early morning flight the day of the cruise, and flying into EWR, but hey, we have the NCL transfers, so whatever.

We sent a message to the TA, who is on a month long vacation.  She infers that NCL screwed up the deviation, and she'll call them to see if they can do anything about it, when she returns in about 10 days!

I looked up the flights, and I can easily purchase exit row for both flights, but I guess I have to hold off just in case she's able to get the deviation.

I now have hotels booked the night before in both NYC and Charlotte, plus a rental car reservation as my contingencies.  Travel Insurance too, of course.

Last time she gets my business...

Umm, you can request a deviation anytime up to 75 days before your cruise. So it makes absolutely no sense that you have your flights at day 105.  Are they confirmed flights or are you just seeing placeholders on your reservation.

6 hours ago, julig22 said:

Umm, you can request a deviation anytime up to 75 days before your cruise. So it makes absolutely no sense that you have your flights at day 105.  Are they confirmed flights or are you just seeing placeholders on your reservation.

From the email: Attached please find your Air Confirmation showing all flights for your travel.

Many other cruisers from the roll call received their flight confirmation e-mails 2-3 days before I did.

Edited by Hunny15602
Rich text vs plain text
  • Like 1

On 8/19/2023 at 10:30 AM, Bronx12 said:

We just got our flight information, flying from Halifax to Montreal to Quebec City and then LaGuardia to Montreal to Halifax. Our flight leaves Quebec City and returns from New York. We did a 2 day deviation pre-cruise. Our flights are great, no late night arriving home, and saved a ton of money. This was our first time booking the BOGO deal with NCL but would definitely do it again 🙂

Nice to hear this!

1 hour ago, Hunny15602 said:

From the email: Attached please find your Air Confirmation showing all flights for your travel.

Many other cruisers from the roll call received their flight confirmation e-mails 2-3 days before I did.

Well done on getting the flight info so early, that's great news. I wish I could recommend our TA, but CC rules prohibit mentioning names. 😒 At least you still have quite a ways to go before the cruise, which is plenty of time for your TA to get your questions answered.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Hunny15602 said:

My point being you should still be able to request a deviation without any problem.

11 minutes ago, julig22 said:

My point being you should still be able to request a deviation without any problem.

I certainly hope so!  The attachment indicates I'm not eligible for changes, exchanges or refunds, but I guess I'll know for sure in about a week.

Either way, we'll make it work, and I'll update here for future cruisers who find themselves in a similar situation,

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hunny15602 said:

I certainly hope so!  The attachment indicates I'm not eligible for changes, exchanges or refunds, but I guess I'll know for sure in about a week.

Either way, we'll make it work, and I'll update here for future cruisers who find themselves in a similar situation,

It's in the T&C's.  It's on NCL if they chose to book your airfare that far in advance, makes no sense.

Deviation Requests:
  • Deviation requests up to 2 days pre/post cruise will be credited $25 USD per person per deviation for guests 1 and 3-8 on the reservation. No other deviation requests will be permitted.
  • Date deviations can be added up to 75 days prior to embarkation.

We got our ncl bogo flights for our trip to Rome and quite happy with flights..a ing over $1000 I figure (it’s one way).  We had an experience a few years ago on 2 separate flights (one ncl bogo, one not).  On both flights we missed our connection..but neither ncl or our travel agent could help..but the airline boots on the ground did..so it all worked out!

• Like 1