Different Drinks Packages for Different Cabins on Same Booking?

maehara

Looking ahead to booking our 2024 cruise, and with our girls getting older (they'll be 18 & 16 by then) we're looking at the possibility of 2 adjacent cabins instead of one 4-sleeper.  More space, more sanity for all concerned.

When booking 2 cabins, does MSC allow different drinks packages for each cabin (e.g an alchol package for cabin 1 / my wife and I; a non-alcohol package for the girls in cabin 2)?

9 hours ago, maehara said:

Looking ahead to booking our 2024 cruise, and with our girls getting older (they'll be 18 & 16 by then) we're looking at the possibility of 2 adjacent cabins instead of one 4-sleeper.  More space, more sanity for all concerned.

When booking 2 cabins, does MSC allow different drinks packages for each cabin (e.g an alchol package for cabin 1 / my wife and I; a non-alcohol package for the girls in cabin 2)?

No,  if all passengers are adults. Yes, if you're booking for a combination of adults and minors. 

1 hour ago, ferretktf said:

No … all cabins in the same booking must have the same packages (obv applies to the adults only)

to circumnavigate this would require 2 seperate bookings .. but then you have the challenge of proximity

Why would proximity be a challenge?  Wouldn't that only be a problem with guranteed?

1 hour ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

not with MSC. MSC is in a habit of changing passengers' cabins and not even telling them.

I have 2 separate reservations but in connecting cabins.  How do we make sure this doesn't happen?

11 hours ago, vandals04 said:

I have 2 separate reservations but in connecting cabins.  How do we make sure this doesn't happen?

you can't. But you can stay vigilant, and if you notice a change early enough, you just may be able to get the cabin back.

MSC has more threads like this than the other lines: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2955128-involuntary-cabin-change-at-final-payment/

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy