Assigned balcony room

Crap-shoot.  Could be an obstructed balcony, could be a nice room.  I selected this once as the price was way lower than a regular balcony.  I lucked out and got a regular balcony, actually in a nice location.

If it saves you a bundle and you are prepared for an obstructed balcony stuck way at the front of the ship, over the theater or some other loud venue, then I say go for it.

As many people have said, they don't spend that much time in the staterooms.

• Like 2

Hi @Anyislandwilldo🙂

As other members stated, it's hit or miss on which type of balcony you're going to be assigned.

Personally I'd be more concerned being assigned a cove balcony under the kitchen than an obstructed balcony with a lifeboat, or some other obstruction. Or a balcony cabin under/over an area that creates a lot of noise or thumping.

It's going to come down to your own personal preference & what you can tolerate & not tolerate. 

Whatever you decide, have a terrific sailing!

🍹

Edited by ObstructedView2
  • Like 3

Never did it cuz I need to choose our cabin, always.  I guess the only thing I would say is consider all the options it could include and make sure you will be happy no matter what comes up.  If there is a chance you could get something that you would consider unacceptable in your mind or never choose on your own for whatever reason, might want to reconsider maybe. 

Ultimately it boils down to how much you want/need to control your cabin choice and does the monetary consideration outweigh that.  Good luck and enjoy!

• Like 1