Liberty Junior Suite Guarantee

We booked a guarantee Junior Suite on Liberty to Bermuda since that was the only Jr Suite offering available and balcony cabins are sold out.

I’ve checked deck plans, and I don’t see any with obstructed balconies, but I could have missed something.
Has anyone booked guarantee Junior suites? if so, any feedback or experiences? We haven’t booked guarantee cabins before. I know it will take some time before we get a room assigned.
Since it’s not Quantum or Oasis class, I’m not thinking a full suite is worth the costs, even though we enjoy them on Anthem and Oasis. Looks like we have to buy an internet package no matter what room we have.

Thanks for any information!

6 minutes ago, sixbirches said:

Since it’s not Quantum or Oasis class, I’m not thinking a full suite is worth the costs, even though we enjoy them on Anthem and Oasis. Looks like we have to buy an internet package no matter what room we have.

Have sailed in a JS on that class of ship numerous times, and other than the aft facing JS, I don't remember any of them having an obstructed view. As for Internet, you are correct. Free internet is currently only available as a full suite perk on Quantum and Oasis class ships, so the suite perks on Liberty are anemic by comparison.

There are only a couple of JS that would be problematic and even then, most would not consider it a problem.  There are a couple of aft (fantail) JS on Freedom class and those rooms have the ship infrastructure that can be an eyesore to some.  Personally, I don't think it's a problem but some do not like the fantail rooms on Voyager and Freedom class.  The rest of the JS should not have any obstructions.  I am not a fan of the far forward or far aft rooms (of any kind) so I wouldn't want one of those cabins but with a GTY you could be put anywhere there is a room available.  There is a very very slim chance that you could actually end up with a category greater than JS but that is 1 in a million these days.

6 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

There are only a couple of JS that would be problematic and even then, most would not consider it a problem.  There are a couple of aft (fantail) JS on Freedom class and those rooms have the ship infrastructure that can be an eyesore to some.  Personally, I don't think it's a problem but some do not like the fantail rooms on Voyager and Freedom class.  The rest of the JS should not have any obstructions.  I am not a fan of the far forward or far aft rooms (of any kind) so I wouldn't want one of those cabins but with a GTY you could be put anywhere there is a room available.  There is a very very slim chance that you could actually end up with a category greater than JS but that is 1 in a million these days.

Thanks for your thoughts. I’m sure we will be fine with the room. There isn’t much left with a balcony (just full suites), so we ended up with the guarantee. It will be a new learning experience for us. But on a 5 night cruise to Bermuda, we will be happy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sixbirches said:

Thanks for your thoughts. I’m sure we will be fine with the room. There isn’t much left with a balcony (just full suites), so we ended up with the guarantee. It will be a new learning experience for us. But on a 5 night cruise to Bermuda, we will be happy.

Remember that once you are assigned your room via GTY you can always try and have your room switched if you aren't happy with the location.  No guarantee that there will be a room to move to, but you can always try !

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Have sailed in a JS on that class of ship numerous times, and other than the aft facing JS, I don't remember any of them having an obstructed view. As for Internet, you are correct. Free internet is currently only available as a full suite perk on Quantum and Oasis class ships, so the suite perks on Liberty are anemic by comparison.

I agree, which is why we don’t want to pay extra for a suite. It’s cheaper to buy a dining package and internet and the suite lounge isn’t a big deal since we are D+. I really wish RC would standardize a few things for all ships and their suite perks. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sixbirches said:

I really wish RC would standardize a few things for all ships and their suite perks. 

Agree, but the way the new CEO seems to look at the bottom line, they would probably eliminate the Oasis and Quantum class perks and make everything equally anemic.🤪

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1