Journey to Jamaica

We are really excited about our first cruise on board the Explorer 2. Perhaps you more seasoned cruisers could help us. We are on this cruise in a few months and we have heard about the "Dress to Impress" nights which could occur twice on our cruise. Would anyone be able to inform us if this takes place in the speciality restaurants like The Dining Club, Kora La or Surf and Turf or does it apply to all the restaurants?

It applies to all the ship. Everyone is encouraged to dress to impress, this can be interpreted how you like .  A few people wear dinner jackets and evening dresses but the majority dress as though they were going to a smart restaurant. My DH wears trousers and a smart shirt and I wear either a dress or smart trousers with a nice top.

Enjoy your cruise!

• 1 month later...
On 8/6/2023 at 5:11 PM, jammowem1954 said:

We are really excited about our first cruise on board the Explorer 2. Perhaps you more seasoned cruisers could help us. We are on this cruise in a few months and we have heard about the "Dress to Impress" nights which could occur twice on our cruise. Would anyone be able to inform us if this takes place in the speciality restaurants like The Dining Club, Kora La or Surf and Turf or does it apply to all the restaurants?

We are also on this cruise,  Dress to impress is entirely up to you.  I don’t know if my husband will be taking his dinnersuit cos we’ve only 20kg luggage.   See you onboard. 

On 8/6/2023 at 10:50 PM, dronnygirl said:

It applies to all the ship. Everyone is encouraged to dress to impress, this can be interpreted how you like .  A few people wear dinner jackets and evening dresses but the majority dress as though they were going to a smart restaurant. My DH wears trousers and a smart shirt and I wear either a dress or smart trousers with a nice top.

Enjoy your cruise!

Hi Dronnygirl.

Exactly this.⬆️

Keep well.

19 minutes ago, dronnygirl said:

Hi. We are finding the food good. Service a little slower as there are less staff but we have no complaints. Enjoying it.

I think you are on Sky with us in June? Looking forward to that.

Yes. Looking forward to it as well. Our first time with them. We have friends and relatives on Sky at present and say it’s wonderful 

thanks for update

On 9/18/2023 at 3:22 PM, dronnygirl said:

Hey Brummjam, are you on Ex2 now? So are we, next week too.! Really enjoying it, can't believe how calm the sea has been. Enjoy yourselves.

Apologies for not responding sooner, had problems charging my phone so gave up pretty much after the first few days, it was quite refreshing to lock it in the safe.

It was a great trip, we really enjoyed it. Back home now start looking for the next one.😉

Keep well.