Medallion sent in the mail

4 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

OK...now were just nit-picking...!!! 😄

Well, you know this forum.  Some newbies are going to expect the door to open like those ones at stores and other public buildings either from body detection or tapping a blue wheelchair logo.

5 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Well, you know this forum.  Some newbies are going to expect the door to open like those ones at stores and other public buildings either from body detection or tapping a blue wheelchair logo.

I'm hoping during the next dry dock that they change them all to "Star Trek" doors!

star-trek-door.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, 20165 said:

Thanks and great.  However, that is not how it worked for us on MSC in June. We never got a final bill and there were over 20 charges on my amex at the end of the cruise that didnt match against anything that was in the app.  Maybe they had a computer issue during that cruise, but it did work out in the end for us because they couldnt explain to AMEX what the charges were for either.   

It only takes a few minutes but it's best to review your folio daily. That way there are no surprises when you get home. Some folks have said they were charged for a drink from a bar they never stopped at. Or if an excursion gets cancelled you want to make sure the refund shows up correctly.

11 minutes ago, nasa1974 said:

It only takes a few minutes but it's best to review your folio daily. That way there are no surprises when you get home. Some folks have said they were charged for a drink from a bar they never stopped at. Or if an excursion gets cancelled you want to make sure the refund shows up correctly.

we did, but they would lump them all together so we couldnt tell what was in the lump sum they charged our credit card.  For example, if we charged $150 one day for drinks, specialty restaurant, etc, in the next day or two, they would charge us $450 because they lumped a bunch of charges together from previous days, but we had no idea what those charges included.  Last day, day and a half, 2 days, etc.  

I've always just walked down to guest services and gotten a printout that lists all *itemized* charges.  There is usually a kiosk to the side where it will scan your medallion and just give you a hardcopy.  Agreed...you can't make heads or tails by looking at what is sent to your credit card company.  If by some chance the kiosk is down or they don't have a kiosk on your particular ship they will give you a copy although you would need to stand in line to get it.

12 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I've always just walked down to guest services and gotten a printout that lists all *itemized* charges.  There is usually a kiosk to the side where it will scan your medallion and just give you a hardcopy.  Agreed...you can't make heads or tails by looking at what is sent to your credit card company.  If by some chance the kiosk is down or they don't have a kiosk on your particular ship they will give you a copy although you would need to stand in line to get it.

i've gotten a copy of our folio before heading to the cabin for the night,  this was back in the day, the next moring a $40 bottle of wine showed up on our account folio that was slide under the door.  next morning I was at CS for about 30 minutes getting it reversed.  Not sure if it was already charged to our credit card and then a credit

3 minutes ago, voljeep said:

i've gotten a copy of our folio before heading to the cabin for the night,  this was back in the day, the next moring a $40 bottle of wine showed up on our account folio that was slide under the door.  next morning I was at CS for about 30 minutes getting it reversed.  Not sure if it was already charged to our credit card and then a credit

The wine was supposed to help you forget about what you were seeing on the folio...you didn't follow their guidelines! 😄

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

The wine was supposed to help you forget about what you were seeing on the folio...you didn't follow their guidelines! 😄

Ha good point.  However, it all worked out in my favor so all good.  thx

1 hour ago, 20165 said:

we did, but they would lump them all together so we couldnt tell what was in the lump sum they charged our credit card.  For example, if we charged $150 one day for drinks, specialty restaurant, etc, in the next day or two, they would charge us $450 because they lumped a bunch of charges together from previous days, but we had no idea what those charges included.  Last day, day and a half, 2 days, etc.  

Never seen that before.  Must be something weird going on or they were just pinging your credit card for authorization in order to make sure they would be covered at voyage end for final billing.