VPN on QM2

bitob

When I sailed on QE VPNs were blocked

I was just on Silversea where VPNs were blocked BUT I asked on cruise critic and someone gave me the name of a VPN that got around the blocking.

Any tips for getting a VPN to work on QM2?

Also, how may devices per cabin can you use when you purchase an internet package?

I can't answer your question or give recommendations, but this has reminded me of a recent "acomplishment" I'd like to share.

We've been onboard for just around two months now (we disembark on Friday, and I plan to write a shortish recap thread after) - but more to the point I had a sabatical for this trip, so I was not required to be doing any work (thankfully!)

However, during the May Coronation cruise, I had taken my work laptop to do work as I was not able to get the time off, and this VPN blocking had stopped me doing so (as in my line of work we need to have a company issued VPN to access almost anything and everything)

So, during this trip, I decided to take my work laptop and do some "messing around" on it in order to hopefully get it working, so that in the future we can hopefully take some longer trips and I can "work from ship".

Happy to report that after an hour messing around in the Linux command line, I was able to get the company VPN working with the internet! So, for better or worse, I'll be able to do a few more cruises a year, even though I'll have to do a little work during them.