Earliest domestic flight time after disembarking at Sydney, Australia

gardening_diva

After disembarking at Sydney we'll be taking a domestic flight to Melbourne & I'm trying to work out what is the earliest flight time we could book.

Ship is due to dock around 06:30 (at White City terminal I believe).

I'm thinking 11:00 should be OK?

Also, does Viking allow you to take your own luggage off the ship at disembarkation?

Viking will tell you what the earliest disembarkation time is. I’m not sure if it is on your invoice. You can call Viking or write to tellus@vikingcruises.com. No one on this board can tell you what will actually happen with your cruise. And yes, you can take your own luggage off the ship.

• Thanks 1

OK, maybe I should have worded my question differently. I'm not trying to get an early flight, I'm trying to work out how much time I need to allow between ship docking and flight departing for a non-rushed experience.🙂 

Typically, what is the latest disembarkation time? I've seen it mentioned that you should leave your cabin by 08:00 but when do they want everyone off the ship by? 9AM, 9:30AM?

(I will also ask Viking - thanks for the contact details).

12 minutes ago, gardening_diva said:

OK, maybe I should have worded my question differently. I'm not trying to get an early flight, I'm trying to work out how much time I need to allow between ship docking and flight departing for a non-rushed experience.🙂 

Typically, what is the latest disembarkation time? I've seen it mentioned that you should leave your cabin by 08:00 but when do they want everyone off the ship by? 9AM, 9:30AM?

(I will also ask Viking - thanks for the contact details).

Allowing for potential delays in arrival, docking or clearance, I would probably be one of the last ones off the ship, aiming to be picked up from White Bay Cruise terminal around 10:00. I would book a car from Omni Limo to pick us up at 10:00, a company we have used in Sydney a few times.

I would allow an hour to the airport, although it should only take about 1/2 hr. Therefore, for a stress free day, I wouldn't book a flight before 13:00 - 14:00.

• Thanks 2