How early is too early?

SCDreamWeaver

Going to TA tomorrow to get docs :D and we will be making the shuttle appt for the 4/8 morning from the Rad at the Port.... is 11:00 too early to head to the ship??:confused:

Not at all... I usually try to head over around 10:30-11. I like to get on the ship early :D Usually on by noon'ish... it's like another full sea day :D

I just read something about what time to arrive at the pier on Carnivals website within the last few days. They do ask that you dont arrive too early so that you dont have to wait outside in the elements. I tried to go to thier website to get that exact info for you but their down for maintenance right now. But noone can stop you from showing up to wait. Either way you'll wait early to be first in line or arrive a little later and wait in line with the crowds. Depending on the weather you can decide.... because you will be waiting outside...even in the rain. Unless your lucky enough to be among the few that get in the building waiting area and it does not hold many people.

Good Luck.

I think we will make it for 10:30!! 23 days and counting...

I've never had a problem getting there early!! Actually we headed over to PC a few weeks ago for our SOS cruise, the shuttle left at 10:30, we were on the ship before noon... it was great!! The porters will be there around 10:30 to take your bags, and generally you can go straight in and start the check in procedure. Believe me, you won't be the first people there waiting!!!! Carnival will tell you to get there later, just like they tell you that you can't embark until later, you can't go to your cabin until later, etc etc etc... but we all know how much stock to put in all of that :D Have a great cruise!!!!!!!!!!

Get to the Port at whatever time suites you. Carnival says on their web site what time they will start embarkation. If you get there three hours earlier and aren't allowed to board until the stated time then please don't come back here with "worst cruise ever" nonsense.

No matter what happens we all wish you a wonderful time and hope you enjoy your cruise !!!!!!

Get to the Port at whatever time suites you. Carnival says on their web site what time they will start embarkation. If you get there three hours earlier and aren't allowed to board until the stated time then please don't come back here with "worst cruise ever" nonsense.

No matter what happens we all wish you a wonderful time and hope you enjoy your cruise !!!!!!

And generally, you can count on them starting embarkation about 2-3 hours before the stated time ;)

got right in, went to the counter to get our S&S, went through security and waited in line to board for about an hour and a half. Next time I'll probably do the same, but bring a book or ipod or something and just be prepared to sit and wait. We were onboard by noon!

Archived