Recent cruisers on Enchanted Princes

dickinson

On 8/9/2023 at 8:16 AM, dickinson said:

Not looking for opinions but what people actually did.  How did men dress on "formal" nights?  We are trying to take carry on only on our upcoming Med cruise and dh is debating as to whether to take a sport coat.  He would LOVE to take it but might not have room so he wants to know how other men dressed.  If he were to wear a nice shirt with tie he does not want to be one of the few who are dressing down.  I have read that in general many people are being allowed in wearing shorts etc even on formal night.  

Please no opinions but just what was witnessed or what you wore. Thanks!

So we had 6 formal nights in June on the Enchanted. First 5 of them I wore a suit and Tie. I observed everything from Tuxedos to shorts and t-shirts in the MDR. On the 6th formal night, I too wore just shorts and a polo to dinner in the MDR. There you go. Not an opinion.  - an actual "did". Good luck 🙂 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Over from NZ said:

So we had 6 formal nights in June on the Enchanted. First 5 of them I wore a suit and Tie. I observed everything from Tuxedos to shorts and t-shirts in the MDR. On the 6th formal night, I too wore just shorts and a polo to dinner in the MDR. There you go. Not an opinion.  - an actual "did". Good luck 🙂 

I'm surprised that they're wearing shorts on formal nights since many people indicate that trips in that region are definitely more formal.

3 hours ago, dickinson said:

@Over from NZ Thanks !  I appreciate it.  My dh would love to wear a tux.  He does own one but sadly few people wear them and we are only doing carry on.  Thank you again for telling me what you did see.    Hope you had a great cruise!

You're welcome. It was a great cruise. The formal night that I wore shorts - the food didn't taste any different. I think when Princess ditched formal dining.. that was just another step in the direction of casualising things. 5.5 weeks in Europe.. wish I had known as I could have left the suit, extra shoes, business shirts etc at home as luggage space was tough. Enjoy your cruise!  

• Like 1

On 8/10/2023 at 4:17 PM, LibertyBella said:

Do you dress for others or dress for yourself? I love formal dressing! Husband and I just returned from EP the end of July, and he took a lovely dark suit to wear for both formal nights.  He changes his shirt and tie so the outfit looks a bit different in each of the photos.  He wore a sport coat a few times the other nights, but he thinks he did not need it as much as on other cruise lines or locations (it was scorching hot in Italy and Greece.). 

I always take two long gowns for formal nights, and we pose for all the photos.  He has to look proper and match me!  On Cunard cruises he always takes and wears a tuxedo. We have a great photo collection. We are never able to do carry-on as I like a different outfit every evening.

One reason I was a bit disappointed with Viking is many fellow passengers dressed like slobs, all times of the day.  We saw no men in shorts on EP formal nights. My next cruise is back on Cunard!

Did you mean the Enchanted, because the EP is the Emerald Princess.

On 8/14/2023 at 6:30 PM, sboh said:

We were on the Enchanted in June. Saw more tuxedos than I expected but also many in slacks and button down/polo shirts. We dressed up and enjoyed it. Also, noticed more dressed up on first formal night than second. 

If I was into that scene, I'd be wearing it the second night too.  Otherwise, what was the point of bringing the fancier duds?  Makes me wonder if the ones dialing it back for night two are planning on going that way on the next cruise vacation.  Could partially explain how the trend has been changing over the past decade.

• Like 1

On 8/15/2023 at 2:03 PM, 1965 said:

I love that your DH gets to wear a tux & my DH doesn't have to. It's one of the reasons we love Princess. ❤️ 

On 8/15/2023 at 2:08 PM, Anubi said:

Exactly.  Just because my husband does, doesn't mean everyone has to.  😊

Right.  I don't even worry anymore about what the rest of the ship is doing.  I am comfortable with smart casual every night (although I will do LS Shirt on a FN).  And I am comfortable if the couple at the next table is a tux & gown pair.

• Like 3