Booking MDR on the app. Hardly anything available for 19/8 cruise on Sky

JG&Lcruisingnewbies

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

I was just thinking all this crazy responses could be because they said yesterday on the webinar, for the agencies to bear with them because they were changing vendors. So, not sure which vendors, but sounded like it had to do with polar. So, it may straighten out soon, I hope.

That was for One Source - nothing to do with POLAR system IMO.

5 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

I fast forwarded through to the last 10 mins just to hear about the packages.

There were a couple of videos. 

I'm into it now.  I like seeing the POLAR stuff.  I saw a session one time about doing booking maintenance on POLAR.  It helped me being able to tell TA what could be done or tell Princess rep to do.

I imagine there may be plenty of TA's not all that familiar with POLAR.  I know a TA that likes to call PCL - despite waiting - and have them do the change because - if it screws up, it's on PCL and not the TA.

4 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I'm into it now.  I like seeing the POLAR stuff.  I saw a session one time about doing booking maintenance on POLAR.  It helped me being able to tell TA what could be done or tell Princess rep to do.

I imagine there may be plenty of TA's not all that familiar with POLAR.  I know a TA that likes to call PCL - despite waiting - and have them do the change because - if it screws up, it's on PCL and not the TA.

Glad you’re enjoying yourself! 🤣

5 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Glad you’re enjoying yourself! 🤣

LOL.  So they did seem to be experiencing some server issues when seminar was on.  Still seems to be TA-related.  Anyway, I am quite sure they have server sync issues between POLAR and Princess Medallion App database.

16 hours ago, JG&Lcruisingnewbies said:

Sorry I didn’t explain very well in my last post.. I’ve ordered all the medallions & lanyards and did that ages ago. It’s only since this morning it’s telling me I need to do this.

But, not only have they taken the money for the personalisations we added, when I click to go through to the ordering page it’s shows what I’ve ordered.

Can’t get rid of the exclamation marks though.

think I’ll try again tomorrow to see if website/app was just having a funny 5 & will right itself overnight.

I ordered watch bands and I have the yellow exclamation points as well.  Been like this for over a week. 

2 minutes ago, Moxiefurball said:

I ordered watch bands and I have the yellow exclamation points as well.  Been like this for over a week. 

I wouldn’t touch it.  Seems like IT

is trying to do updates again.  Just try to ignore it.  JMO

Update: The app is now showing a QR code / blue lane & I’ve screenshot it just in case 😃 

The web version still thinks I’ve not completed check-in

I managed to book early dinner for embarkation day on web version. Private table! (While the app is still showing nothing available) 

Tried to book MDR for the next day too, loads of times available, but web version has now decided it can’t retrieve journey information again, so I can’t book any atm. The app show only one time available on a shared table.

Between the two versions we’re getting somewhere! Thanks for the advice on here helping me get this far

honestly I can see why so many get so frustrated. I’ll try for more MDR slots on other days later. 

• Like 1