golf cart, lunch and beach

jeanandmark

The main beach frequented by cruisers is right at the cruise port.  Next up is Governors beach a very short golf cart ride, but there may or may not be facilities available. People do snorkel there and look for sea glass, but snorkeling is hit or miss. Then downtown, but you'll have to head to John's Oceanview (good lunch stop) on the north end of town to get any facilities. Also the Sandbar down town is an excellent lunch stop.  I hear Bohio at Pillory Beach is closed so may not be anything there now. This is the best spot for beach snorkeling.   For stops you can head up to the Lighthouse, but any beaches on the east side aren't really accessible.

• Like 1

This may or may not help but here is our experience....

We rented a Golf Cart in July and toured the island.  While I have no regrets, it wasn't quite what I expected (I can't really say what I expected though).  Definitely get a map, we got turned around a lot.  I think I ignorantly anticipated like a race track like loop around the island but it's not... you definitely have to figure out what roads to turn on and such. 

We left the cruise port and immediately had to stop for fuel in our golfcart (we were told this up front and did not have to refuel at the end).  Fuel is $7.50 a gallon but we got two bottles of water and a can of diet coke for $4 which I didn't think was bad for drinks.  We then headed to the lighthouse, paid to enter that area, bought some souvenirs, bought water (it was HOT!), and then bought some carrots from a local in the parking lot to feed some wild donkeys. There are bathrooms inside the paid area here if that is of concern.   Then we left the northern tip and headed back.... we stopped on the roadside from some water pics, but not really a beach accessible area.  We stopped at the local grocery store on the island for more drinks and got to visit up close and personal with the donkeys,  and then stopped to take flamingo pics.  We then went to the Grand Turk sign and took photos, and then stopped at the John Glenn area.  We then made our way to Governors beach for a bit but we were hot, tired, and HUNGRY.  As we were a group of 9 and didn't plan very well on food.  My DH thought about buying a sandwich from a local stand at the beach but it was $15 and we were headed back to the cruise terminal so he opted not to.  The beach was beautiful though.  We returned our golf carts, and re entered the cruise terminal where my DD and I got starbucks drinks and she got a cakepop.  She and my DH headed back to the ship and I did a little shopping before I returned.  Then we all headed to Guy's Burgers 🙂  

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

HERE is my experience when we rented a golf cart years ago. The island is very easy to navigate. Just take a trip around the island and head up to the lighthouse and stop where you want along the way. Governors Beach is beautiful, but as someone mentioned, there may not be any food there (they do have restrooms and water to rinse off after being on the beach). 

• 2 weeks later...

We rented from Paradise Carts.  We chose them because we needed two six seaters and when we booked, that was the only company we could find that had that availability for our day.  We didn't have any issues - when we showed up they had a hand written list and both of our parties names were right there.  They found us our two carts and said "this one is low on gas.  You will need to get some".  Thought that was kind of odd, but as a trade out we did not have to have it filled back up when our day was over.  It made me nervous cause we had no idea where the nearest gas station was, but we found it and lucked out that they sold inexpensive (for the area) cold sodas and bottled water.  If there was any issues at all, its that one of our two was fairly low on power.... had to keep the pedal to the floor.  But we just laughed and thought it was funny, etc.