Booking Shore Excursions

ropomo

Sorry if this is a worn out topic, but my search yielded nothing. We have booked our first SS cruise (BTB expedition cruise, Reykjavik, Iceland to Reykjavik, Iceland to Kangerlussuaq, Greenland) August 2024. In looking at the excursions, I have booked them (usually only one shown per port available for booking and "Expedition excursions available on board). Am I correct in assuming that once on board if the Expedition excursions are more appealing to us, I will be able to change then? Don't want to book walk about town and lock myself out of getting out and seeing nature.

Thanks,

Richard

17 minutes ago, ropomo said:

Am I correct in assuming that once on board if the Expedition excursions are more appealing to us, I will be able to change then?

Yes. Just be aware that there can sometimes be a deadline for booking/canceling (usually 24h prior) so if you're going to change things, don't put it off until the last minute. This is more likely to apply to classic cruises than to expedition cruises, so you should have even more flexibility.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

Yes. Just be aware that there can sometimes be a deadline for booking/canceling (usually 24h prior) so if you're going to change things, don't put it off until the last minute. This is more likely to apply to classic cruises than to expedition cruises, so you should have even more flexibility.

Thanks, all excursions are included, so no cost. Just don't want to box us out of zodiac trips that we would really rather do.

• Like 1

There is usually a briefing the night before to explain the following days excursions. You will be assigned a color group for excursion departures.  Depending on the stop there may be different levels of hikes or alternative activities that the expedition team has come up with. Sometimes folks will be asked to sign up after the briefing. I've attached a pic of a briefing slide. Fyi, it's from Seabourn Venture, but it will be the same on Silversea. Although the info is usually available printed and on the app,  I like having it quickly available on my phone. Primarily because I can't remember what they just told me.😃.

You will have a fabulous trip!

Screenshot_20230810_094159_Gallery.thumb.jpg.727f9a1fc800a5bd68e6110143efcd9d.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/10/2023 at 8:38 AM, ropomo said:

Sorry if this is a worn out topic, but my search yielded nothing. We have booked our first SS cruise (BTB expedition cruise, Reykjavik, Iceland to Reykjavik, Iceland to Kangerlussuaq, Greenland) August 2024. In looking at the excursions, I have booked them (usually only one shown per port available for booking and "Expedition excursions available on board). Am I correct in assuming that once on board if the Expedition excursions are more appealing to us, I will be able to change then? Don't want to book walk about town and lock myself out of getting out and seeing nature.

Thanks,

Richard

I'm glad you asked this question, as we are going on a similar cruise in September 2024.  I have booked what I can, and also saw the same msg about other excursions being available on board.