Celebrity Coastal Cruise, Beach, and Steel Band

LadyBerard

2 hours ago, LadyBerard said:

We're cruising on the Eclipse in Jan. 2025.  I was wondering what beach the above excursion takes you to.  

It used to be Reduit Beach….. Busy, Busy, Busy.

No knowledge of the current destination.  But C will know.

I don't think I will book this excursion.  Watched a video on youtube for it, and where they take you doesn't look that great.  Going to take an excursion to Spice Mill Beach instead.  Lots of OBC from Celebrity.  Normally, don't do ship excursions though.

10 minutes ago, LadyBerard said:

I don't think I will book this excursion.  Watched a video on youtube for it, and where they take you doesn't look that great.  Going to take an excursion to Spice Mill Beach instead.  Lots of OBC from Celebrity.  Normally, don't do ship excursions though.

Spice Mill is just a small part of Cockleshell Beach, one of most popular and busy (T’erds) on the island.

Consider a day pass at the Marriott, more genteel and T’erd free.

5 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Spice Mill is just a small part of Cockleshell Beach, one of most popular and busy (T’erds) on the island.

Consider a day pass at the Marriott, more genteel and T’erd free.

The Marriott review on TA claims the beach and ocean not good there. Thoughts?

32 minutes ago, carbon said:

The Marriott review on TA claims the beach and ocean not good there. Thoughts?

It’s probably the “Seaweed” bunch, who visit out of season (storms), being surprised to find seaweed on a beach and the sea slightly rough on the Atlantic side of an island.

But, even out of season, it’s still a good call for the facilities and no T’erds.

If having negative thoughts, then consider a snorkel sail with beach lunch to Nevis.  But, be prepared for maximum pax on the Cat.  Could be between 30 and 60.

Or, take a beach break to Nevis with Blue Water https://bluewatersafaris.com/tour/nevis-beach-getaway/

Probably take one to the beach bar called Lime, with chairs and shade, sometimes a free rum punch.

But, just short walk down the beach is “Sunshires”.  Sit at the bar, sip a few “Killer Bees”.  Which is  deceptive rum punch, thinking this is very easy drinking, let’s have another one, repeat and repeat.

Then after a few Killers, one opens one’s eyes and say to oneself “Why am I in the back of a Police Van?”

Sunshine has a bottles of this famous brew for a takeaway.

Also, T’erd free…

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Typo