Unlimited Dining questions

Have always thought that I've already paid for the food, why would I pay more to go to a specialty restaurant, I have now been to a number of specialty restaurants on a number of cruise lines. I enjoyed the variety and it was a nice to have another option.

Having said that, when I looked at the RCI dining packages I was not impressed that they wanted hundreds of dollars and you still had to pay more for at least one restaurant and that the ala cart restaurants only offered $20 toward the bill with the package. Am I missing something? Doesn't seem like a good deal to me.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, vswan said:

Have always thought that I've already paid for the food, why would I pay more to go to a specialty restaurant, I have now been to a number of specialty restaurants on a number of cruise lines. I enjoyed the variety and it was a nice to have another option.

Having said that, when I looked at the RCI dining packages I was not impressed that they wanted hundreds of dollars and you still had to pay more for at least one restaurant and that the ala cart restaurants only offered $20 toward the bill with the package. Am I missing something? Doesn't seem like a good deal to me.

Great deal compared to paying full price for every meal, good deal if you hate MDR and want something different, bad deal if you are completely happy with MDR and the windJammer or Bistro. We are happy buying a three night package or the D+ BOGO. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Royal has tweaked their definition of a customer. A guest is a cash cow and needs to be milked hourly. 

We have made many pre purchased dining reservations over the years and then switched to a BOGO or package night price. Never been a problem and always a refundable OBC issued. 

My thoughts exactly:  I've never had an issue with switching on board and getting a refund (of some kind).

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2023 at 1:06 PM, danoconnl said:

What time did you board, and how long did it take you?  Also, did you have any issues getting the times you wanted?  what times were you looking for?

Thanks

Dan

Can't remember exact time, but got to The Mason Jar about 30 mins before lunch was over because I was concerned if they would seat us or not. Check it was  was not bad  and the lines moved very quickly. The longest line was the security line. My sweet spot for dinner is between early dinning and late dinning.5:30 is a little too early and 8:30 pm is to late. I wasn't able to get the same time every night at all the restaurants, but my reservations fell between 6:30 pm. - 7:30 pm. I did have one 8 pm reservation, but that was ok because it was the Coco Cay day. So we really had a chance to relax after getting back on the ship.

On 9/5/2023 at 1:38 PM, Seville2Cabo said:

But - here is a options for a new C&A Benefit.

Pinnacle can book UDP reservations 10 days before sailing

Diamond plus, 7 days

Diamond - 4 days

I like it but with a little tweaking...
Pinnacle can book UDP reservations 14 days before sailing

Diamond plus, 10 days

Diamond - 7 days
and the rest of the UDP 4 days 

I think it would help the staff as well. 

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Regarding booking the reservation online ahead of time and then getting a refund because you have UDP -  has anyone ever had an issue getting the refund?  How and when do you get it?  Is there anything in writing that you can use to help get the refund.

Would really like to reserve the lunches ahead of time.  Thanks

On 9/5/2023 at 9:41 PM, pcur said:

My thoughts exactly:  I've never had an issue with switching on board and getting a refund (of some kind).

Any info regarding my last question?

Regarding booking the reservation online ahead of time and then getting a refund because you have UDP -  has anyone ever had an issue getting the refund?  How and when do you get it?  Is there anything in writing that you can use to help get the refund.

On 2/14/2024 at 12:10 AM, happy cruzer said:

I tell them at the podium when I check in.  Since I have the Unlimited Dining Pkg in these situations, I've never had a problem.  They want me to come back again!

I would suggest getting all your pre-cruise ressies straightened out the first day.

They take care of it by the time I finish my meal.

I've read posts about passengers having issues, but not recently, and I never had a problem.

Edited by pcur
  • Like 1