Uniworld - Danube - Enchanting vs Delightful itinerary differences

mwb1963

We are looking at doing a trip in fall 2024 on the Danube with Uniworld. Starting point would be Budapest and then we would either end in Passau (Enchanting Danube) or in Nuremberg (Delightful Danube).  Considering post extension in Prague.   Anyone have thoughts positive/negative on the ports or itineraries compared to each other.  

(our previous river cruises were with Avalon on the Rhine and also the Seine)

Thanks for any thoughts.

I did Enchanting Danube in the reverse direction in April.  Looking at the itinerary for Delightful Danube, it looks like you miss the stops in Bratislava and Linz and an overnight in Passau.  I’d prefer the Enchanting Danube itinerary.  We loved the walking tour in Bratislava and the Linz stop has an option to go to Salzburg which you don’t get on Delightful Danube.

• Like 2

We did the Delightful Danube several years ago and I loved it!  We spent a few days in Budapest before the cruise.  You are of course are bused from Nuremberg to Prague.  We did not spend extra time in Prague after the cruise and I regret not spending more time.  Prague is wonderful.  Hard decision but I am sure either cruise you decide on will be wonderful.

• 7 months later...

We ending up booking the Enchanting Danube leaving Budapest near end of August.  Have decided to do the two night extension in Prague based on comments we have heard.  Beginning to study the excursion options now to see what we might enjoy the most.   Feel free to let us know if you have any favorites.