Discounted Carnival gift card is not for Canadian?

CoquitlamBC

I posed the same question in another group, but I'm hoping to explore options with Canadian Cruisers. Is there a way for Canadians to purchase Carnival gift cards at a discount (for instance, from sources like AARP), aside from relying on the goodwill of friends in the US to assist?

On 8/10/2023 at 12:54 PM, CoquitlamBC said:

I posed the same question in another group, but I'm hoping to explore options with Canadian Cruisers. Is there a way for Canadians to purchase Carnival gift cards at a discount (for instance, from sources like AARP), aside from relying on the goodwill of friends in the US to assist?

I don't know about Carnival but I tried to get HAL gift cards from AARP but even though you can be an AARP member as a Canadian (I am) you need a US telephone number to be get to the site to buy gift cards.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, electro said:

you need a US telephone number to be get to the site to buy gift cards.

Not sufficient, unfortunately.  I have both a US telephone number and a US address, and have tried to buy cruise gift cards from  AARP. One also needs a US-bank issued credit card, otherwise the purchase gets rejected.  AARP makes it almost impossible for Canadians to buy those gift cards.

• Like 1

On 8/10/2023 at 12:54 PM, CoquitlamBC said:

Is there a way for Canadians to purchase Carnival gift cards at a discount (for instance, from sources like AARP), aside from relying on the goodwill of friends in the US to assist?

If you have a US-issued credit card, a US address and a US phone number it's possible.

• Like 1

Thank you all for the feedback. It confirms my recent research that AARP rewards/cruise gift cards are not for Canadian (unless you have US address, phone # not VoIP # and US credit cards). Eventually I bought discounted Carnival GC from Newegg.com, although it is also not very friendly to Canadian credit cards and not always has discount offer. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/11/2023 at 4:10 PM, lots-of-km2 said:

If you have a US-issued credit card, a US address and a US phone number it's possible.

Thanks, I never got passed the screen for the telephone number so I didn't know you need a US card and address. That's too bad.