Crown Princess-dry dock refirb date, lumpy beds?..

trvlwrld

Currently trying to decide whether to book the Crown to Alaska in 2024 and would love some help!  The last time we were on her (right before Covid shut down) she was looking very worn and tired with lumpy beds!  Has she seen any updates since then or is she still dumpy?  I know the crew will be great, but hoping to get some refirb since we last travelled on her…thx so much for any info!

she was in dry dock before our Hawai'i cruise in March (I did talk quite a bit about her condition in my live) ...we found our beds very comfortable, but others in our roll call did not...I thought she felt comaprable to the other older ships of her class...needed more maintenance but basically sound, but again others on our cruise had problems with plumbing etc...so I guess it depends...

We just got off the Crown a few weeks ago.  We did think the beds were a little lumpy.  It didn't bother us at first but by the end of our 11-day cruise we were really missing our bed at home.  Did that ruin our cruise -- not at all.

No plumbing issues to report.

I was on Crown for the June 2 cruise from Vancouver. I was in E631 and had the most uncomfortable, saggy and horrible bed I have ever slept in. The two mattresses that were pushed together to make a queen bed were completely worn out with large sags in them. A mattress topper had been placed over the mattresses but all that achieved were very soft saggy mattresses. There was a hump in the middle of the bed where the two mattresses met. Our steward told us there was nothing else that he could do to make it more comfortable. When I emailed Princess with my complaint about the terrible state of our bed and an itinerary change, Princess did not even mention the state of the bed in their reply. On my review of the cruise a number of people have commented that they have also had worn out mattresses, particularly on Emerald deck. Fortunately others reported that their beds were fine. You can see the sags in the bed from the photo I took when we first entered our cabin.

IMG20230602113211.thumb.jpg.967d50325f9c4de47477a852b66f7b86.jpg

I thought the rest of the ship was in good condition.

Edited by PurpleTraveller

31 minutes ago, PurpleTraveller said:

I was on Crown for the June 2 cruise from Vancouver. I was in E631 and had the most uncomfortable, saggy and horrible bed I have ever slept in. The two mattresses that were pushed together to make a queen bed were completely worn out with large sags in them. A mattress topper had been placed over the mattresses but all that achieved were very soft saggy mattresses. There was a hump in the middle of the bed where the two mattresses met. Our steward told us there was nothing else that he could do to make it more comfortable. When I emailed Princess with my complaint about the terrible state of our bed and an itinerary change, Princess did not even mention the state of the bed in their reply. On my review of the cruise a number of people have commented that they have also had worn out mattresses, particularly on Emerald deck. Fortunately others reported that their beds were fine. You can see the sags in the bed from the photo I took when we first entered our cabin.

IMG20230602113211.thumb.jpg.967d50325f9c4de47477a852b66f7b86.jpg

I hope our is in a decent condition!  We're in E632 on the Crown for 31-days.

Edited by szubieta

1 minute ago, szubieta said:

I hope our is in a decent condition!  We're in E632 on the Crown for 31-days.

I really hope your bed is good, particularly for a 31 day cruise! Usually Princess beds are very comfortable but we were so pleased to get off the ship and sleep in a bed in our hotel after only 11 days. Hope you have a great cruise! 🛳️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PurpleTraveller said:

I was in E721 (5 cabins away) right before you and I would have to say my bed was similar to yours. My hips hurt when I woke up. There was no support. I actually like soft beds. My guess is this one had reached the end of its lifecycle.

I also thought the rest of the ship was in pretty good condition. This is not my favorite ship so by saying that, it is definitely a positive comment.

• Like 1