Apex-Which Moveup is "worth it"?

Buddysmom10

I'm currently booked on Apex with an Edge Stateroom with Infinite Veranda and considering making an offer to Moveup.  It seems like some of the "upgrades" really aren't much.  So at what point is there really a difference in the room/amenities/service?  We are already all inclusive drinks/wifi/tips.

It appears that Concierge and Aqua Class aren't much of an upgrade.  Is that correct? 

How about Sky Suite, Sunset Sky Suite and Aqua Class Sky Suite.  Which would you choose and why?

Thanks!!  

Concierge and AquaClass both will have afternoon canapes delivered, a Welcome bottle of sparkling wine (by request now), upgraded toiletries, pillow menu and some other small things.  

Concierge gets you embarkation day lunch in a dining room.

AquaClass gives you access to Blu for breakfast and dinner. You can still eat in any of the main dining rooms if you wanted to.   An expanded room service menu.  You also have access to the Sea Thermal Suites (spa areas) along with some other small things.  

As for the Sky Suites (and other Sky Suite comparable ones) - you will have a real, traditional balcony.  You'll have Retreat access (lounge with nice seating, light snacks throughout the day, a bar, tea, coffee, drinks and the outdoor sun/pool deck area that has a pool, bar, nice seating and a small food menu) and Luminae as your restaurant for breakfast, lunch on embarkation day and sea days & dinner.  You can also dine in Blu based on availability along with any of the other main dining rooms.   You'll have priority boarding and things like that as well.   You also have the upgraded toiletries, pillow menu, amenities in the cabin, a nicer tote bag, etc... The cabin and bathroom are larger.   The Retreat Lounge and Sun/Pool deck are quite nice.  Yes, there is a whole ship to enjoy but I really like the Retreat areas.  You won't have to pay Room Service fees.  Usually you would have a dedicated butler but there are changes coming with a team for that.  

For a complete list of what's included you can find the categories and amenities on Celebrity's website.

What would I choose?  Sky Suite because I've experienced the Retreat on the Beyond.  The Retreat areas and the extras that come with it.  I like the regular Sky Suites that have the bed facing the water.  There are different cabin configurations depending on which Sky Suite.  It's also convenient to get quick access up to the Retreat areas.  I've sailed S-class ships and the Beyond was my first E-class so my perspective for E-class is coming from the Retreat.  

If you like the idea of the Sea Thermal Suite and Retreat then an AquaClass Sky Suite may interest you.  

I've been in Concierge, AquaClass and the Retreat.   I would choose Aqua over Concierge because of Blu.  I would then choose the Retreat over AquaClass when it comes to E-class.  I've sailed multiple S-class and the Beyond was my first E-class so my perspective for E-class is coming from the Retreat.  

There are some differences between the cabin classes when you compare S-class to E-class etc...but since you're on the Apex I won't go into that. 😉

I would say to list what you like from each category and then see if the minimum bid / what you would bid is worth it to you.    

Keep in mind that you can't choose the cabin #/location, only category.    I am too particular when it comes to that and also cruise with family so we have our cabins next to each other.  If those things don't concern you, then a Move-up Bid may be beneficial.

Have a great cruise. 🚢

🍹

P.S.  I realize my post is longer than yours. I have a tendency to ramble. 😅

Edited by PinkSandGirl
  • Like 2

Totally love Edge class suite perks, we did penthouse on Edge with move up and sky suite on beyond, suite perks are fantastic, very nice suite lounge open all day for snacks and liquor. Outdoor retreat has pool, hot tubs and bar , plus you get suite dining room Luminae.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Buddysmom10 said:

I'm currently booked on Apex with an Edge Stateroom with Infinite Veranda and considering making an offer to Moveup.  It seems like some of the "upgrades" really aren't much.  So at what point is there really a difference in the room/amenities/service?  We are already all inclusive drinks/wifi/tips.

It appears that Concierge and Aqua Class aren't much of an upgrade.  Is that correct? 

How about Sky Suite, Sunset Sky Suite and Aqua Class Sky Suite.  Which would you choose and why?

Thanks!!  

Concierge class - not worth the cost. No real benefit at all.

Aqua - you get access to Blu for breakfast and dinner and the Thermal Suite in the spa, slightly different cabin niceties. 

Sky Suite - full access to The Retreat sundeck, Retreat Lounge, butler/retreat team and Luminae. 

Aqua Sky Suite - combination of Sky Suite + Aqua Class. Personally wouldn't do it. 

Sky Suite would be the ideal spot for me. You could potentially buy a spa pass if that was important. I don't need the option for both Luminae and Blu. And even if you are in a Sky Suite and ask nicely, they will probably let you try Blu once if you really wanted to. 

We just came back from Celebrity Apex Norway fjords cruise. We were in Aqua and we always sailed Aqua before.  Very disappointed this time.  No afternoon fruit, average service, toiletries - Bigelow from Bath and Body works. The Blu restaurant was understaffed. The food and variety also not as good as before (in comparison to our sailing in 2019). The thermal suite and spa is nice but the robes are worn out to rags. We will NEVER book Aqua class again. 

Edited by Mypka

I don’t think any move up is worth it.   When I book a cruise I book what is in my budget and the category that I am comfortable in.   The move up would just make me spend more than I wanted because it is a “bargain”,  and is it a bargain when i spend more than I wanted?    

You have to decide if you want to spend more for something that you didn’t want or consider when booking.  

It doesn’t matter what category anyone is in because we all can sit at the Martini Bar, WCB or most other places on board.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅