Extending FCC

EllieinNJ

I know this was discussed quite a while ago but I forgot if you can extend it.  

We received FCC from a cruise taken in February 2023 which expires in February 2024 but you can sail up to February 2027.  We would like to use it on a cruise in May 2025.  If we book the cruise now and the price goes down after February 2024 will we be able to rebook and not lose this FCC or should I ask NCL if they can extend it?

Hi. 

I hope someone here can provide you with a more concrete answer based on experience. In theory, if you apply the FCC upon booking, you would no longer have an an active FCC. I would expect that the monies paid toward the cruise (FCC) in a re-book situation would transfer over to the new booking. Perhaps you can try the chat feature on NCL.com to see what they have to say though I know they are notorious for giving different answers depending on who you speak with. 

Could ask you a question? If I understand your situation correctly, you were given an FCC that "expired" (you had to book something and apply it) within a year from issue but the cruise you would apply it to could be as much as four years away? Asking because if there is a price drop on our cruise in November (already past final payment) I would like to see if we could get an FCC and apply it to two cabins already booked for July 2025 if possible. Do you think this would be feasible? 

Thanks! 

First of all, if the price goes down, there is no need to rebook, they can simply adjust the price for the existing reservation. While technically it is a rebook to their system, your booking date and reservation # remains the same but the terms (promos) will change.  And you are usually grandfathered in on price increases for DSC and airfare.

In that same vein, if you should decide to take a different cruise, it is possible to change your dates & destination, keeping both the booking date & reservation #, plus any payments.

Having said that, NCL systems do weird things, so no guarantees. For example, they will remove a 2nd CruiseNext if there isn't a double-up promo at the time.

Personally, I would send an inquiry to customer relations and ask how it works - then you have an answer from someone who should know the correct answer, plus you would have it in writing.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, JillK said:

Asking because if there is a price drop on our cruise in November (already past final payment) I would like to see if we could get an FCC and apply it to two cabins already booked for July 2025 if possible. Do you think this would be feasible? 

There aren't any restrictions on using FCC from a price drop that would keep you from using it as payment for an existing cruise. You don't get it until after your cruise and you have to apply it to a cruise with a year.

However, if you get FCC in November 2023 it has to be USED before November 2024 so no, you wouldn't be able to use it for a cruise in July 2025. And I don't think they will extend FCC from a price drop, but 

3 hours ago, julig22 said:

There aren't any restrictions on using FCC from a price drop that would keep you from using it as payment for an existing cruise. You don't get it until after your cruise and you have to apply it to a cruise with a year.

However, if you get FCC in November 2023 it has to be USED before November 2024 so no, you wouldn't be able to use it for a cruise in July 2025. And I don't think they will extend FCC from a price drop, but 

OK so then I wouldn't be able to use it on the July 2025 cruise if it were to be issued this year. Bummer. Thanks. 

• Like 1

The FCC was not from a price drop but from a missed port, the infamous cruise to Bermuda that turned into a cruise to nowhere.  On my account it says use by February 2024 but sail by February 2027.  I already took two cruises since and have six more booked up until end of 2024 but none on NCL so really want to use it in 2025.  Was just wondering if anyone was able to extend theirs.  The cruise I want is on the new Viva but it is really expensive now.  If I book it by February 2024 and the price drops before final payment and ask for the new price will I lose the FCC?