Coffee bean hunt

QuattroRomeo

Has anyone ever bought a bag of Signature Rotterdam 1873 coffee beans while on board any HAL ship? I ask because on our Koningsdam cruise recently, I could see the bags on display in Dutch Cafe, but when I asked to buy one, I was told that they had no way to sell them. It sounded like there wasn't a SKU in the POS, but she was kind of vague as to why!

I know you can buy the Coffee Lovers package pre-cruise, but that includes a beverage card and 2 mugs that I don't really need! 

Obviously not an earth-shattering problem, but I am curious. The coffee is very nice.

This 1873 is a special edition from the same company that has long provided HAL's premium coffee - Beukenhorst:  https://www.beukenhorst-usa.com

We personally now order all our coffee beans from Argovia, in Chiapas Mexico, after several HAL port excursions to this special mountain grown coffee plantation. Even with shipping, it is still less expensive than other local premium brands. 

9 hours ago, OlsSalt said:

This 1873 is a special edition from the same company that has long provided HAL's premium coffee - Beukenhorst:  https://www.beukenhorst-usa.com

We personally now order all our coffee beans from Argovia, in Chiapas Mexico, after several HAL port excursions to this special mountain grown coffee plantation. Even with shipping, it is still less expensive than other local premium brands. 

Do you have contact information for them?

31 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Do you have contact information for them?

Finca Argovia - in Spanish but there is a contact link. We have been dealing directly with the owners son when we need to order.  https://www.argovia.com.mx

Another coffee find from the port stop in Costa Rica was "Shade Lady" coffee, another independent operation run by an American writer who lives part of the year seeking out small batch shade  coffee producers. But I think he went out to business during "covid".

• Thanks 1

I purchased a gift set last year for my Dutch father which included the beans and 2 cups. My wife kept the cups and my father is too lazy to grind the beans. If I can’t convince him to do that soon I will send you a message!!

• Haha 1