SKY PRINCESS Aug 12 - 19 Norway (Live from)

TenneSea

image.thumb.jpeg.4feb177f2c76147d8a1abf568fcca6b9.jpegYou can see the Funicular path in the center of the picture (the line in the green that goes up to a white spot).

image.thumb.jpeg.f38ebcb40ceb67f31bcad490838c0120.jpegThis is the "white spot" where the funicular lands.  This was taken from the ship, while we were waiting to leave port.

image.thumb.jpeg.71951b8c798238d77072ca4d4f84bf15.jpeg

Some scenes as we were heading out to sea.

image.thumb.jpeg.d310c77a43cec602ecf0d5313c1f0d81.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.d7b06e9183c567a9a09ff77845bd97e7.jpeg

55 minutes ago, TenneSea said:

image.thumb.jpeg.4feb177f2c76147d8a1abf568fcca6b9.jpegYou can see the Funicular path in the center of the picture (the line in the green that goes up to a white spot).

image.thumb.jpeg.f38ebcb40ceb67f31bcad490838c0120.jpegThis is the "white spot" where the funicular lands.  This was taken from the ship, while we were waiting to leave port.

image.thumb.jpeg.71951b8c798238d77072ca4d4f84bf15.jpeg

Some scenes as we were heading out to sea.

image.thumb.jpeg.d310c77a43cec602ecf0d5313c1f0d81.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.d7b06e9183c567a9a09ff77845bd97e7.jpeg

For me at least your pics haven't loaded. I have seen the pics from your earlier posts but the above post, for me , just has the image notation and the jpeg number. (using Chrome)

Edited by leck57
  • Like 2

@TenneSea thank you for this amazing and thorough review.  Hope you are enjoying your land portion now.   We board 6/1/24. Because of flight schedules, we plan to stay  an extra day in Southampton before returning home (I would have preferred to arrive a day early the way you did but didn’t work out).  What are your thoughts about disembarking, checking in/dropping bags (Holiday Inn?) and making the ferry to aisle of Wight to see Osborne House? 

we arrive in London a few days before embarkation to see family so will head down for embarkation early that morning.  We disembark Saturday 6/15 but have a noon flight from LHR Sunday 6/16.  Was hoping to squeeze in Isle of Wight Saturday after reading your review. 

1 hour ago, Familycruzer11 said:

@TenneSea thank you for this amazing and thorough review.  Hope you are enjoying your land portion now.   We board 6/1/24. Because of flight schedules, we plan to stay  an extra day in Southampton before returning home (I would have preferred to arrive a day early the way you did but didn’t work out).  What are your thoughts about disembarking, checking in/dropping bags (Holiday Inn?) and making the ferry to aisle of Wight to see Osborne House? 

we arrive in London a few days before embarkation to see family so will head down for embarkation early that morning.  We disembark Saturday 6/15 but have a noon flight from LHR Sunday 6/16.  Was hoping to squeeze in Isle of Wight Saturday after reading your review. 

While you are waiting for @TenneSeato answer I'll give you my opinion. We stayed in Southampton for two days prior to a Princess cruise last year and went to the Isle of Wight for a day. It is very easy by ferry and we actually walked to Osbourne House which is well worth a visit. It took us about 30 minutes from memory but we are good walkers. If you are not, take a taxi. There is also a bit to enjoy around the area where the ferry arrives, very quaint. We are doing another cruise from Southampton next year and plan on going back over to soak up the atmosphere a bit more.

• Thanks 3

I have no idea what happened to those images !

Let me update you on the morning of our 2nd day of our land portion.  Our rental car was struck by a double decker bus in a busy roundabout in Birmingham.  We decided to just head to London and sight see there until our flight out which will be the 27th.

Thankfully, no one was hurt in the accident.  It could have been so much worse. The car will probably be totaled.  We paid for every insurance option to cover everything in the event of an accident and I'm so glad we did.  Driving in another country shouldn't be taken lightly.  Please be careful.

As it turns out, when we got to London, we both came down with Covid so, here we sit in a London hotel self-isolating trying to recover from Covid.  We're starting to feel better now (day 6) so hopefully, we can enjoy a few days here before we head back to the US.

• Like 2

The ferry to the Isle of Wight was very easy to use and if you have a day to do it, I highly recommend visiting there.  It's so quaint and beautiful.  Do go see the Osborne House !

Holiday Inn will keep your bags for you if your room is not ready.  They were really nice there.  Great beds, good breakfasts, knowledgeable staff.  I'd stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TenneSea said:

The ferry to the Isle of Wight was very easy to use and if you have a day to do it, I highly recommend visiting there.  It's so quaint and beautiful.  Do go see the Osborne House !

Holiday Inn will keep your bags for you if your room is not ready.  They were really nice there.  Great beds, good breakfasts, knowledgeable staff.  I'd stay there again in a heartbeat.

OH NO - so glad you are okay after your accident.  That must have been terrifying.  Hope the worst is behind you for COVID - we too came down with post Cruise in April.  

Do you have any recommendations for timing to get off the ship?  On one hand - no rush, we will stay in Southampton (already booked Holiday Inn - lol). and on the other - lots to do on Isle of Wight.

@leck57 We also love to walk, so weather and time permitting, hopefully we can do that.  Do we need to buy tickets in advance to tour Osborne house?

2 hours ago, TenneSea said:

Let me update you on the morning of our 2nd day of our land portion.  Our rental car was struck by a double decker bus in a busy roundabout in Birmingham.  We decided to just head to London and sight see there until our flight out which will be the 27th.

Thankfully, no one was hurt in the accident.  It could have been so much worse. The car will probably be totaled.  We paid for every insurance option to cover everything in the event of an accident and I'm so glad we did.  Driving in another country shouldn't be taken lightly.  Please be careful.

As it turns out, when we got to London, we both came down with Covid so, here we sit in a London hotel self-isolating trying to recover from Covid.  We're starting to feel better now (day 6) so hopefully, we can enjoy a few days here before we head back to the US.

That must've been very scary!  So glad no one was injured!  

And now Covid...that's frustrating!  Freedom is close at hand - I'll be looking forward to your next posts when you're let loose in London 🙂

Bernadette

2 hours ago, Familycruzer11 said:

@leck57 We also love to walk, so weather and time permitting, hopefully we can do that.  Do we need to buy tickets in advance to tour Osborne house?

No, we didn't. We just purchased on our arrival.

On completion, we actually caught the bus back to the centre of town to near where the ferry leaves. At the end of the street that leads to the house there is a bus stop with the route number.

The walk to Osborne was very pleasant as we saw a bit more of the island and also had to cross a waterway on a small chain barge (they call it a floating bridge - takes about 10 minutes). That didn't cost much and added to the adventure. 

Edited by leck57
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TenneSea said:

Holly cow so sorry this happened to you! Just goes to show you vacations can change in an instant. Glad you are feeling better and that you had insurance!

I don't think it's necessary to buy Osborne tickets in advance, although we did.  You could spend days on the Isle.

The ferries run every half hour, I think. You can get their schedule at RedFunnel Ferries.

As far as disembarking, we were the 1st group to walk off the ship.  We waited for a taxi about 20 minutes.  It was pretty seamless.  But, I could see if you were later, the taxi thing could become a problem.

• Thanks 2

Elle, so sorry that your trip ended with a car accident and covid. Hope that both you and Arnie are feeling better.

I really enjoyed following your trip every day with your wonderful pictures and comments. Thank you for letting me follow along on your great adventure!  Love, Ginny

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ND2018 said:

Elle, so sorry that your trip ended with a car accident and covid. Hope that both you and Arnie are feeling better.

I really enjoyed following your trip every day with your wonderful pictures and comments. Thank you for letting me follow along on your great adventure!  Love, Ginny

Well, we did get to see Norway and it did not disappoint !

Love the pictures and commentary.   Was just bouncing around a little on Sky Princess updates, she is our favorite Princess Ship.  We are fellow Kingston, TN residents and I’m looking out at Watts Bar out the front window, waiting for our January Sky Princess cruise!  Great posts!

3 hours ago, Crashe said:

Love the pictures and commentary.   Was just bouncing around a little on Sky Princess updates, she is our favorite Princess Ship.  We are fellow Kingston, TN residents and I’m looking out at Watts Bar out the front window, waiting for our January Sky Princess cruise!  Great posts!

Hah!  Just up the road a bit from us!

20 hours ago, quattrohead said:

My folks were on this cruise too.

They were not impressed, cold food, slow drinks delivery, had to order in the app and then watch as the server tried to find you lol, poor cabin service and boring ship activities.

Are you going on this cruise?

We are sailing on Celebrity Apex next June. Thanks for the info. Duke of Wellington looked very nice. I looked into booking 3 nights at Pig on the Wall, but to early to book for June. Great photos of Osborne house. On our list of things to see while in Southampton.

On 8/31/2023 at 9:43 PM, Crashe said:

We chatted last year before my last Regal cruise.  Hope everything finds you well on the “west side” of the river! 😂

Didn't know there were so many cruisers in Kingston, TN !  We are in Lake Harbor - on WB Lake.  Beautiful here, isn't it !

'

On 9/3/2023 at 10:56 AM, TenneSea said:

Didn't know there were so many cruisers in Kingston, TN !  We are in Lake Harbor - on WB Lake.  Beautiful here, isn't it !

'

Sure is.  Looks like we are about 3m south of you.  We own 10 acres across from Darlington Point.  Love your pictures!