SKY PRINCESS Aug 12 - 19 Norway (Live from)

TenneSea

Enjoying your trip report as my family and I are getting on Sky Princess this Saturday . Did you tender at Olden ? Also where you nearer to Loen ? We are hoping to get the glacier bus to Briskdalbreen and are hoping we dock just outside Olden village and not Loen. Your photos are fab, glad you are enjoying the food on the ship.

7 hours ago, dunscrimpin said:

Enjoying your trip report as my family and I are getting on Sky Princess this Saturday . Did you tender at Olden ? Also where you nearer to Loen ? We are hoping to get the glacier bus to Briskdalbreen and are hoping we dock just outside Olden village and not Loen. Your photos are fab, glad you are enjoying the food on the ship.

According to our Princess documentation, we are tendering at Olden and some pax have also been advised this by their tour operators.

2 hours ago, villauk said:

According to our Princess documentation, we are tendering at Olden and some pax have also been advised this by their tour operators.

@dunscrimpin & @villauk

Last I heard we were tendering but they’ll be taking us to Loen because where we are tendering is closer to there & it’s easier to get to. Apparently when this happens Princess provide transport to Olden

Some on the roll call found this out, contacted tour operators and the tour operators are already aware and will pick up in Loen

https://www.nordfjordhavn.no/en/cruise/

if you look at the cruise schedule there are 3 large ships in. We’re listed as pos 2/3 even though it also says pier

IMG_0804.thumb.png.235068cd5ed0e1dbf928dda6c0981d2c.png

if you click on the photo under the ‘Mooring plan’ link you can scroll to this picture of the tender positions. Where it says ‘new tender position’  at the top is olden.

to the left, Loen

IMG_0806.thumb.jpeg.c9fd0fbc180583efbda4ae502eef6363.jpeg

Edited by JG&Lcruisingnewbies
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

An absolutely PERFECT day in Bergen.  Sunny, sunny, sunny.  

Found Bergen to be,, well, a city.  Not the charm that our last ports had, but it was fun.  I would like to have done the fish market area but our day here was short.  Had to be on board at 1:30 so that didn't leave much time after a tour.

We did the Funicular with a city drive.  I would not really recommend this tour.  Too much driving around a city.  The Funicular (cable car to the top of a mountain) was a little over-rated, in my opinion.  You know what you saw from the top?  A city !  But it was a nice experience.  

image.thumb.jpeg.fec95fdb73bddf0b3a55ad3c618e1f2a.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.c34dd1c36395a298fb70a5e23c55a38f.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.bcbe0dd8c81c5bf73edfb84af9e2097c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.dccc553257a4f7cede61515ab925672e.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, doveyy04 said:

Wish we had more time in Bergen today, we loved walking around the shops specially the Bryggen. Was worried we was going to be late back but there was plenty of cruisers alongside us walking back a bit hastily 😃

I wish we had done that instead of the tour!  Waste of money and time.

Bergen is the wettest city in Northern Europe , you did well 👏.  

We have been to Bergen many times , explored independently and also done hiking tours from the top of the funicular plus on one visit we went to a brewery and gin distillery 😆.That was a brilliant tour😀.  

On our  very first visit it was the month of May in a heatwave and the wood festival was on , you guessed it lots of wood  sculptures in town , interesting . 

Bergen is a lovely city , your time was too short there sadly , thank you for posting your photos . 

1 hour ago, heatherb1958 said:

Bergen is the wettest city in Northern Europe , you did well 👏.  

We have been to Bergen many times , explored independently and also done hiking tours from the top of the funicular plus on one visit we went to a brewery and gin distillery 😆.That was a brilliant tour😀.  

On our  very first visit it was the month of May in a heatwave and the wood festival was on , you guessed it lots of wood  sculptures in town , interesting . 

Bergen is a lovely city , your time was too short there sadly , thank you for posting your photos . 

Here and there throughout the city were beautiful historical buildings.  We just flew by everything too quickly.  Yes, next time, exploring on our own. 

• Like 1

Tom Ball (from Britain's Got Talent) was on board.  He did not disappoint.  An amazing voice, an amazing show.  When planning this trip, I even looked to see if he was performing in a London venue while we are there later next week.  Imagine my surprise when I got on board and saw he would be doing a show ... HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY !

image.thumb.jpeg.8f4b3d0bcef546a01855b72be18571f3.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.a0c1be1a48066f092bc6532af76b8f22.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.563556848fdde2aa231e14fe9eab4cc3.jpeg

• Like 1

Regarding the aft cabin.  We experienced no soot or bad smells.  However, through out the ship on occasion, there was definitely a "sewer-like" smell.  I have read of people experiencing the same thing.  I also have never smelled that before.

Loved the aft cabin but be prepared to W-A-L-K, WALK, WALK and then WALK some more.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for sharing your cruise with us.

It’s been so lovely to hear and see what you have enjoyed on board & around Norway. We’re boarding  Sky Princess tomorrow & it’s made us even more excited, so big thanks for that !

have a fantastic time travelling around England, and for your time in London. Do you have it all planned out where you are going?  

So we picked up the rental car today and have sucessfully maneuvered our way to Cheltenham.  I've felt very warn out today so we are taking it easy.  Hopefully, more energy tomorrow to do more photos and post many of them.

The plan tomorrow is Cleeve Hill, Lichfield, Gretna, Scotland, Sycamore Gap and overnight in Hexham.  All points of particular interest to me, which I'll explain with pictures !

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, TenneSea said:

So we picked up the rental car today and have sucessfully maneuvered our way to Cheltenham.  I've felt very warn out today so we are taking it easy.  Hopefully, more energy tomorrow to do more photos and post many of them.

The plan tomorrow is Cleeve Hill, Lichfield, Gretna, Scotland, Sycamore Gap and overnight in Hexham.  All points of particular interest to me, which I'll explain with pictures !

thats a long drive.....good luck