SKY PRINCESS Aug 12 - 19 Norway (Live from)

TenneSea

Loving following your report as we have been to Norway many times and did Iceland and Norway last July  on Enchanted princess in an aft balcony. Looking at your photos with the ship's flag included our cabin was one deck below your equivalent on Sky 😂. A736 we had. Absolutely the best views for the itinerary. 

We join Sky on 23rd September for the Canada & New England round trip.

Edited by heatherb1958

1 hour ago, heatherb1958 said:

Loving following your report as we have been to Norway many times and did Iceland and Norway last July  on Enchanted princess in an aft balcony. Looking at your photos with the ship's flag included our cabin was one deck below your equivalent on Sky 😂. A736 we had. Absolutely the best views for the itinerary. 

We join Sky on 23rd September for the Canada & New England round trip.

Canada and New England in the fall is on our list !  Sounds wonderful.

• Like 1

Tuesday - Skjolden

Today's Excursion "Jotunheimen Nat'l Pro & Sognefjell Mountain Pass began, as most do, on a bus.  We took a wild ride up a steep, narrow mountain road.   It was a beautiful ride, spoiled somewhat by gloomy skies which eventually turned to rain.  But, all in all, an enjoyable day.  Comparing to yesterday's excursion, I don't feel this one was quite as good, but we really liked.  The fjord we docked in is just so amazing.

We did stop for a coffee/waffle break which was refreshing and tasty.  

Here is some of the scenery we saw.

image.thumb.jpeg.acd7916ccb53983d3ffc6d574b6334ec.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.128f615bca082a0579801eb49f67b406.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.3b927ed3b967b632137027d1c26bc066.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.1b84cb720d8837c9b26c63dd8233ca01.jpeg

• Like 7

Oh my goodness  - your pictures are just amazing!  Thank you for posting.

I think Princess should pay you a commission for people like me who want to book a Norwegian Fjords cruise now!!!  Seriously looking - would you say August has been a good pick?  Looks like it !

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, TenneSea said:

Tuesday - Skjolden

Today's Excursion "Jotunheimen Nat'l Pro & Sognefjell Mountain Pass began, as most do, on a bus.  We took a wild ride up a steep, narrow mountain road.   It was a beautiful ride, spoiled somewhat by gloomy skies which eventually turned to rain.  But, all in all, an enjoyable day.  Comparing to yesterday's excursion, I don't feel this one was quite as good, but we really liked.  The fjord we docked in is just so amazing.

We did stop for a coffee/waffle break which was refreshing and tasty.  

Here is some of the scenery we saw.

image.thumb.jpeg.acd7916ccb53983d3ffc6d574b6334ec.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.128f615bca082a0579801eb49f67b406.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.3b927ed3b967b632137027d1c26bc066.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.1b84cb720d8837c9b26c63dd8233ca01.jpeg

Oh my word

Im so excited for Saturday when we get on the Sky, and you are making that double.

Those pictures…. Love them!

Forget the rain- that cloud cover has a beauty and mood of its own

If my experience is anywhere as good as yours I’ll be returning to the fjords on a future sailing for sure

Thank you for sharing your trip with us. Wishing you a continued wonderful cruise 😃

9 hours ago, ColoradoMom!! said:

Oh my goodness  - your pictures are just amazing!  Thank you for posting.

I think Princess should pay you a commission for people like me who want to book a Norwegian Fjords cruise now!!!  Seriously looking - would you say August has been a good pick?  Looks like it !

I really don't have any other time of year to compare it to but everyone here says June - August is pretty much the same.  It rains no matter when you come !  One of out tour guides was asked what his favorite months are and he likes May, Sept, Oct.  (Sept and Oct for the color change.). Temp-wise, it's been mild.  I thought it would be much colder but it's pretty steady in the 60's.

Thank you for the the (pictures) compliment.  It means a lot.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, TenneSea said:

@JG&Lcruisingnewbies Is the 19th sailing a 14 day cruise ?  

It's really been nice.  Hard to find time to do the blog but it certainly fills up an evening. 

I hope your cruise is as lovely as this one has been.  Our cruise director is Dan France and he has really been great.

Good to hear that the CD is enhancing your voyage 👍. Yes, the next sailing is a 14-night cruise. We’re the ones with the ‘new’ changes onboard - should be fun 🙈.

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, TenneSea said:

@JG&Lcruisingnewbies Is the 19th sailing a 14 day cruise ?  

It's really been nice.  Hard to find time to do the blog but it certainly fills up an evening. 

I hope your cruise is as lovely as this one has been.  Our cruise director is Dan France and he has really been great.

Have you heard him sing yet?  Do attend if you get the chance; he's classically trained.  I've heard him a few times - on Sky last month and twice on Celebrity when he was a CD with them.  Quite a surprise for most people and not what they expect.

1 hour ago, Madamexxx007Madame007 said:

Thank you so much for posting photos and ship events, we will follow in October. 

Please, what time are the show schedules, is there a piano bar and where is the juice bar on the sky. 

food looks amazing, oh temptation 

diane

The shows are at 8 o’clock, and 10:15

I don’t believe there is a piano bar.

The juice bar is in the buffet on deck, 16, in the pastry shop aisle

• Like 1

We did the Easy Olden bus tour.  It seemed a little long and there is only one bathroom break.  The snack that we had at lunchtime was only cake and coffee.  I think Princess could improve this tour in these areas.  

TOM BALL (Britain's Got Talent) was the talent for tonight's show.  It was excellent.

The food continues to be excellent.  At some point, I hope I have time to share the menus and food photos.  Tonight's amazing main course was Rack of Lamb - excellent !!!

• Like 1