Need a bit of help from anyone in Houston area

sddsddean

Next April, we are coming to Texas to do a bit of a road trip and see the eclipse on the 8th (weather permitting🤞). Our last day is driving from College Station to Houston (hotel near IAH). The only vaguely interesting thing I can find to do on the way is to see the Sam Houston statue in Huntsville. Surely there must be something worth a visit...even a mini golf course! Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Simon

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ssb said:

The Island of Galveston is major tourist destination. There is more to do on the Island than at most cruise itinerary stops . 
visitgalveston.com

galveston.com

galvestonhistory.org 

Already on our places to visit list! It's just the last day I'm struggling with. Might go to the Tomball Railroad.

Simon

23 minutes ago, sddsddean said:

Already on our places to visit list! It's just the last day I'm struggling with. Might go to the Tomball Railroad.

Simon

Galveston Railroad Museum is outstanding . 

how about NASA 

Lake Conroe, The Woodlands, and Old Town Spring are all on the way from College Station to IAH. There’s a Margaritaville on Lake Conroe. The Woodlands has Dave n Busters, mini golf, bowling, Main Event, Market Street, a mall, the waterway, and restaurants. Old Town Spring is a bunch of little shops and restaurants and there are festivals there on certain weekends.

The Montgomery county fair is in April (in Conroe) depending on what dates you plan on coming through.