How comfortable is the bunk or sofa bed?

mcroadman

So, our dear daughter is coming and will be sleeping on the couch or the bunk in cabin 8230. Nice that she has the options.

She is a slender adult of 100 pounds- not a 5th grader.

How comfortable are those "beds"?? 

On Disney the "couch" was better once they made it up with an additional pad under the bottom sheet.

Thanks for sharing your experience, or rather the teens sleeping experience.

Mary 

6 hours ago, mcroadman said:

So, our dear daughter is coming and will be sleeping on the couch or the bunk in cabin 8230. Nice that she has the options.

She is a slender adult of 100 pounds- not a 5th grader.

How comfortable are those "beds"?? 

On Disney the "couch" was better once they made it up with an additional pad under the bottom sheet.

Thanks for sharing your experience, or rather the teens sleeping experience.

Mary 

Our young adult kids (daughter and son) have slept on the couch and the lower bunk bed in 8107 and 8108 (family cabins) on Solstice, Eclipse, and Reflection.  They found it to be pretty comfortable.  Our furniture may be a little different than what you are looking at.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mahdnc said:

Our young adult kids (daughter and son) have slept on the couch and the lower bunk bed in 8107 and 8108 (family cabins) on Solstice, Eclipse, and Reflection.  They found it to be pretty comfortable.  Our furniture may be a little different than what you are looking at.

Doesn’t 8107 & 8108 have an actual bunk bed vs a couch or pull out trundle?  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

Doesn’t 8107 & 8108 have an actual bunk bed vs a couch or pull out trundle?  

The second bedroom has a single bed on the floor and a bunk bed that folds out of the wall above it. 

The main living area has a couch. The same standard couch that is in the veranda cabins. 

IMG_8952.thumb.jpeg.2b743098a6318ff0dcd4

Solstice FV 8107, Dec 2019

DSC_0071.thumb.jpeg.81d0c28d8c5950344b80

Reflection FV 8107, Jan 2019

Edited by mahdnc

33 minutes ago, mcroadman said:

Thanks, Reel Love. That is nice to know! Is it a quiet cabin? 

Thanks,

Mary

Great cabin!  Quiet despite the fact that is close to the elevators because they have the "sliding doors" into the elevator area (sorry if I am telling you things that you already know!)  There is a steward closet just outside of the next door cabin (8228) but we did not have any issue at all with noise from there either.  The carpet in this cabin has not been replaced/updated but overall the cabin was certainly in acceptable condition for us.

You are likely aware that this is one of the very large balcony cabins on the angle of the hump.  We requested a chaise lounge (we are big on spending time on our balcony) which was delivered without issue.  We always book this specific cabin!  Enjoy your cruise!!

Donna

Thanks, Donna. This is good to know. I like a quiet cabin... or at least not a noisy location. I was delighted we could get one of these cabins in Jan. when we booked. On RC we enjoyed this location.

We thought the balcony might be larger. I will certainly request a chaise lounge- being on the balcony is a big part of my week! Thanks for the idea!

It will be our first cruise on Celebrity and we are excited.

Thanks for sharing!

Mary

• Like 1

One more thing Mary..... I have seen on these boards that the ability to have the request fulfilled for a chaise lounger on one of these large balconies has been hit or miss.  We have always been fortunate in that our room steward has always managed to obtain one for us, but don't want to make it sound like it is an automatic "done deal."  Thus we always have a nice tip ready upon delivery 😉

I hope that you have a fabulous first experience on Celebrity!  (And an unsolicited suggestion....if you enjoy dancing, try to hit the Silent Disco!)

Donna

Edited by Reel Love