Spain, Portugal, and TATL

kochleffel

For a trip that starts in Madrid and then continues on a cruise from Barcelona to the U.S., with port calls in Spain and Portugal, I'm considering taking only the all-purpose zoom lens (equiv. 28-84 mm) and a wide zoom. With what I've planned, I don't anticipate needing any longer lenses.

Is this realistic? Other circumstances will compel me to pack rather heavy even without more lenses.

21 hours ago, kochleffel said:

For a trip that starts in Madrid and then continues on a cruise from Barcelona to the U.S., with port calls in Spain and Portugal, I'm considering taking only the all-purpose zoom lens (equiv. 28-84 mm) and a wide zoom. With what I've planned, I don't anticipate needing any longer lenses.

Is this realistic? Other circumstances will compel me to pack rather heavy even without more lenses. I also pack the 70 to 300 soon because I like sunsets and, "just in case". 

Instead of agonizing over what to take on every cruise, I've just resigned myself to taking the default kit (except maybe Alaska). I take the main camera with a 24-105 zoom and because I hate to fumble around changing lenses when an opportunity presents itself, the APS-C body with a 10-20 zoom. (Replaced the 12 mm f2). I also pack a 70-300  zoom for sunsets and other "just ln case" eventualities. It all fits in an under seat backpack and doesn't weigh enough to bend my spine. It's worked well so far.

My 4¢...

Dave