Advice please Rio to Buenos Aires dec

Robbiec330

Hi all

thinking of booking a South America cruise with Norwegian which travels from Rio down to Buenos Aires

this would be our first time to south america

i just wondered what the sea is like around there in December? Is it smooth normally or choppy?

Would anyone recommend or not recommend? We are street wise also but obviously you hear that it’s not always a safe place.

just looking for any advice / feedback

thank you 

@Robbiec330 I'm on that cruise and today is final payment day.  I've been around the horn 3x and looked forward to experiencing the Roaring 40s (40mph wind and 40' seas), yes I'm one of those who like the feel of the ship.  Each time the sea was flat, disappointing for me.  As for safety when traveling you already know to stay in the tourist areas, maybe being back on the ship before dark and so on.  I rarely feel unsafe in a port area anywhere in the world.  Hope you book the cruise and join the Roll Call at:

I would go a few days early...get a private guide....so much to see in Rio. We hired Tour Guide Gus.  His name is Augusto Guimares.   I cannot believe how much we saw.