Galveston and Houston advice needes

malissaboymom

We have only done it once before. Sorry I don't remember where we stayed in Houston.

We are going again in Jan. and are going to stay in Galveston 2 days early at the Moody

Gardens Hotel. We will get one of the Shuttle co to take us to Galveston , Probably Galveston

Limo...I think it is under $70 to do the Shuttle to Galveston... Guess I don't get the bonus points...

LOL!😁

On 8/12/2023 at 8:13 PM, malissaboymom said:

Hello
those that fly into Houston. what hotel do you like to stay at and what mode of transport do you like to use to get to the ship?
bonus points if you remember the cost.

Which airport?

There are two, Bush and Hobby.

We stayed at the Airport Marriott on our last cruise out of Houston.

We booked the room and the transfer through the cruise line.

Bush Interntional (IAH) has a tram that is free and stops at each baggage claim and at the Marriott which makes it getting to the hotel very easy. This was so smooth wife insisted we stay there on our next cruise.

We were give tags for our luggage when we checked into the hotel. We were told to put  the tags on our bags when we went down to breakfast and the cruise line would pick them up and transfer them to the port.  Worked great.

Prices at the airport depend upon your date of travel and what kind of room you want.

Here's a link to the Marriott:

https://www.marriott.com/en-us/hotels/iahap-houston-airport-marriott-at-george-bush-intercontinental/overview/

Lots of other options around the airport.  Google is your friend.

You can check with  your cruise line to see what rooms/transfers they offer.

Here's some information on options to get to the cruise port.

https://www.cruzely.com/how-to-get-from-the-houston-airport-to-the-galveston-cruise-port/

Some prefer to spend the night in Galveston.  I guess that would depend upon when  you arrive in Houston and which airport you choose.  it's a bit over an hour from IAH to Galveston. Hobby, maybe 45 minutes.

Edited by RocketMan275

I would stay in Galveston; it's a lot more fun than Houston.  Plus, with Houston traffic being famously brutal, I would want to stay closer to the ship rather than risk sweating through a traffic delay.
Comfort Suites in Galveston (3606 89th Street, Galveston, TX, 77554 (409) 741-9977 1350) has good reviews.  Price goes up the longer you wait, but generally $144 the night before a cruise.  They have a shuttle to take you to/from the terminal for $25 pp round trip, which I think is reasonable, and then you get free parking (for those of you driving in).  

• Like 1