Carnival Hub app

sharon&family

I have always had the Carnival Hub app on my phone from previous cruises long ago.  I have a cruise coming up in October and have forgotten

when I can actually start using the app.  Is there anything I can do on it before I cruise or do I have to wait until I'm on the ship for it

to work.  Our last cruise was on Royal Caribbean and we could view the dinner menus months before.  Ive tried to use the Carnival

app but its not letting me do anything at all.  Does it need updated?  How do I get it to recognize my upcoming cruise and when can I do that?

Yeah, it's a shame they don't put a little more effort into making it more useful leading up to a cruise. Seeing the menus would be nice. They could always add a disclaimer that menus are subject to change to cover their rears. The itinerary. More than just a countdown. All it can do beyond that is redirect us to the website instead of doing it internally. They're being lazy & cheap by not wanting to build it up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Same - nothing but cointdown til on board. But the countdown is inspiring!

20230813_140027.jpg

And I guess looking at it can be helpful reminders of other things - apparently there's something in a shopping cart somewhere that wants $$ and a missed alarm. Guess I have business to tend to. Thanks, Carnival!!

12 hours ago, Happygirl58 said:

This is slightly confusing to me because I have the same count down but I can also order stuff, book excursions, speciality restaurant, Etc… but my friend shows the same thing u r showing only that count down clock. 

Mine does too but, I think if they scroll down they'll see more items. 

Mine shows a link to download my documents, we board this weekend though.

13 hours ago, Happygirl58 said:

This is slightly confusing to me because I have the same count down but I can also order stuff, book excursions, speciality restaurant, Etc… but my friend shows the same thing u r showing only that count down clock. 

I just double checked, but when you select the options to book excursions, specialty restaurants etc via the HUB, the app redirects you to Carnival's website via the app, something you can more easily do by just going to carnival.com, especially from a laptop or computer without the added layer of the HUB app. I agree with the OP though. We did an RCI cruise this past May and their app was much more functional prior to the cruise than the HUB app is.

On 8/13/2023 at 2:29 PM, Organized Chaos said:

Yeah, it's a shame they don't put a little more effort into making it more useful leading up to a cruise. Seeing the menus would be nice. They could always add a disclaimer that menus are subject to change to cover their rears. The itinerary. More than just a countdown. All it can do beyond that is redirect us to the website instead of doing it internally. They're being lazy & cheap by not wanting to build it up.

They have a CD schedule that says subject to change at any time, but we see lots of people crying to John Heald because the CD  was the only reason they booked that cruise.  It happens on 3rd party sites with comedians and piano bar entertainers.  People will complain just to complain.