More ways of buying tickets to the Acropolis

marazul

I’ve been at the Acropolis yesterday and there was a long line for the ticket office. As we’ve bought tickets in advance, through the official site, we could directly enter the line for the entrance. So in reality buying tickets in advance “skips” at least the buying a ticket line and makes entrance faster.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Labanos said:

I’ve been at the Acropolis yesterday and there was a long line for the ticket office. As we’ve bought tickets in advance, through the official site, we could directly enter the line for the entrance. So in reality buying tickets in advance “skips” at least the buying a ticket line and makes entrance faster.

That is the only line that can be skipped by buying ahead of time from any source, and it is best to buy from the official sites. All other lines, like the one going up the Propylaea are impossible to skip regardless of what anyone claims.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/13/2023 at 1:15 PM, Labanos said:

What is the official source for these Acropolis tickets?  Online?  If you use a guide, can the official ticket be used or is the ticket included in the cost of the guide?  

Finally, do most Greek establishments prefer that you pay my card rather than Euros?  We recently discovered in a cruise from Rotterdam, through Ireland, Scotland, Iceland, Greenland, Newfoundland, and Nova Scotia that not only did most of the stores, pubs, etc. not want cash; they would only take a card.  We have a forthcoming TA out of Athens, Istanbul, Croatia, Italy, and Spain.  If anyone knows what is the preferred method of payment in any of those countries, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for any info that you can provide.

27 minutes ago, Tampa Girl said:

What is the official source for these Acropolis tickets? 

Official website: hhtickets.gr

You must ask each tour operator whether they provide the tickets. Many do.

You can use euros or a card in all the countries you will  be visiting. Some merchants will prefer cash for small purchases.  If you use a card, make sure you are billed in euros.

On 8/29/2023 at 6:25 PM, marazul said:

Official website: hhtickets.gr

You must ask each tour operator whether they provide the tickets. Many do.

You can use euros or a card in all the countries you will  be visiting. Some merchants will prefer cash for small purchases.  If you use a card, make sure you are billed in euros.

Thank you - most helpful.