H5 On Prima or Viva

trinicruisegyal

I have cabin 12926 on the Viva on hold, it is the last H5 (Haven Owners Suite with large balcony) cabin on the sailing that I'm looking at; the NCL website says that "Stateroom 12322 and 12926 do not have a separate bedroom or bathtub"...has anyone stayed in either 12322 or 12926 on the Prima? or is staying in one of these now on the Viva? What was the cabin like? Is the layout pretty much the same as the other H5 cabins but the bedroom isn't enclosed?

Pure speculation - it seems like it would be the same just a studio-style room? We're in 12922 on the Prima in October, which is the "normal" layout. 12924 has the bathroom/closet entrance IN the bedroom but our NCL Cruise Coordinator said the balcony was smaller. I'd assume 12926 just doesn't have the door/wall separating the living room & bedroom. I think it'd be okay unless you're traveling with more than 2 people. Looking at the deck plans, it looks slightly bigger than the other H5s. As for bathtub - the fact that the bathtub is IN the shower kind of annoys me. I wouldn't mind not having the bathtub in this room.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, dexddd said:

Hadn't heard about this.  We had 12922 and it had separate bathroom and bedroom from living room.

We are in 12922 in October. Any cabin quirks you can talk about? Any strange noises?

Thanks!

• Like 1

On 8/15/2023 at 12:18 PM, CatBoiler said:

We are in 12922 in October. Any cabin quirks you can talk about? Any strange noises?

Thanks!

We were in 12922 last December. No strange noises, but having the bedroom door was awkward-you had to enter the bedroom and close the door to get past the bed. Other than that, the cabin is wonderful.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CatBoiler said:

The stateroom tours are starting to hit YouTube. Harr Travel has all 3 H5 configurations in their Viva video. The no bedroom/bathtub room is certainly a unique way to layout the space! 

12922 is like the start at 2:22.  I don't get comment about door in bedroom having to be closed as you can see in the video plenty of space and never an issue for us.

We were on the TA last year and lots of noise, unusually abnormal creaking especially from ceiling left of TV in living room.

Room has a ton of switches.  Some operate the drapes and shades behind the drapes.  Balcony cushions super thick but we could not use due to weather.  Special Haven elevators just a couple rooms down.

Room had Acqua Panna, Pellegrino, and Flow plus choice of coke products plus the three bottles.  We were lucky to have the legendary Gary and forgot assistant but he too was great.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/15/2023 at 10:06 AM, RACHEL263 said:

Hi, 

We are in 12926 on Viva a

August 26th. 

I have the same questions as you. 
will upload pics once we are able to. 🤩

How did you like the plan layout? I am in room 12322 at the end of September. I saw the Harr Travel video but it did not show if the living room area had a patio door, unlike the dining area. Did it have a patio door or window in the living room area? Thanks for any input. Happy Cruising!!

Hi there,

It has 2 sets of patio doors.

They are right next to each other. 
the first set at end of living area and the other from the dining area.  
We were hoping for a slightly bigger balcony. It has a table with  2 chairs and 1 lounger. The table can accommodate 4 chairs, so if there are 4 occupants they may change this. 

I hope this helps?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Boilermaker73 said:

How did you like the plan layout? I am in room 12322 at the end of September. I saw the Harr Travel video but it did not show if the living room area had a patio door, unlike the dining area. Did it have a patio door or window in the living room area? Thanks for any input. Happy Cruising!!

Welcome to CC.

In addition to my reply above, the layout of the room was fine. Didn’t mind not having a separate bedroom as there were only 2 of us.

Didn't miss having a bath either. The shower was huge 😊

I would add that we did miss having an additional toilet which is usually available on this grade of suite on previous ships. 
Finally, the Haven is much bigger on this class of ship, so personal service is impacted somewhat..  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RACHEL263 said:

In addition to my reply above, the layout of the room was fine. Didn’t mind not having a separate bedroom as there were only 2 of us.

Didn't miss having a bath either. The shower was huge 😊

I would add that we did miss having an additional toilet which is usually available on this grade of suite on previous ships. 
Finally, the Haven is much bigger on this class of ship, so personal service is impacted somewhat..  

Thanks for the update! It’s just the 2 of us too. Last question did the living room area have a window or patio glass door? On the Harr travel video the only patron window they showed was in dinette area. Thanks