The cost of bottle water on the Joy

I'm going on the Joy in October, does anyone know how much a bottle of water cost? Is it worth it to upgrade to premium package?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Annmarie

You can purchase water to be delivered to your stateroom. This is often the most economical way, as those cartons are 1L cartons vs. the 1/2L cartons that are available at bars.

Or, you can bring a refillable water bottle and fill it up at the buffet or other areas with beverage stations (like the observation lounge). Or, you can request glasses of ice water from any bar or restaurant.

• 3 weeks later...

All of these responses are well intentioned, however it doesn't answer the original question (I've also been searching for the answer so thought this post would be where I could find it). What is the cost of a bottle of water? Not a carton, not the option of using a refillable container from the dispenser... if I want to buy a bottle of water, how much will it cost me if I do not have FAS+? This factors into a decision of whether or not to upgrade from FAS to FAS+ (among other things, but I'm trying to understand all of the value that I might get from upgrading... I don't drink Starbucks, and while I can, I don't need to drink top shelf so I'm factoring in costs of things I will actually use, like unlimited wifi, shore excursion credits, specialty dining, and, yes, bottled water).

Please, does anyone know the answer? I appreciate that there are other options, but this is my burning question (yes, it actually is a burning question).

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ctlyf said:

All of these responses are well intentioned, however it doesn't answer the original question (I've also been searching for the answer so thought this post would be where I could find it). What is the cost of a bottle of water? Not a carton, not the option of using a refillable container from the dispenser... if I want to buy a bottle of water, how much will it cost me if I do not have FAS+? This factors into a decision of whether or not to upgrade from FAS to FAS+ (among other things, but I'm trying to understand all of the value that I might get from upgrading... I don't drink Starbucks, and while I can, I don't need to drink top shelf so I'm factoring in costs of things I will actually use, like unlimited wifi, shore excursion credits, specialty dining, and, yes, bottled water).

Please, does anyone know the answer? I appreciate that there are other options, but this is my burning question (yes, it actually is a burning question).

NCL doe snot have bottled water available, it is in cartons which is why people said cartons.  You can easily determine this yourself.  Simply look at the prices for water which can be found on the NCL website, determine how many you would consume during your cruise and compare it to the price of upgrading to the premium package.

For me, I would certainly not upgrade the beverage package simply to get free water

1 hour ago, ctlyf said:

It appears you can. $6.50 for Acqua Panna or San Pellegrino bottle. 

Is it worth it up upgrade? 

Well, it's about $250pp for a 7 day cruise; if you are sailing w/ a spouse or friend that is $500 more.

So...will you drink 6 of these large bottles/day? (will both of you if 2/room).

If so, it is probably worth it.

5? Then no.

(PS I understand this is a burning question for you, but you might pose your response more politely to get polite responses.

For example:

"Thank for your responses. I understand NCL sells water boxes. I'm curious if I can also get Acqua Panna/San Pellegrino bottles onboard, what their cost is, and if so,  whether it is the smart move to get Premium Plus")

Screenshot 2023-08-30 at 10.30.27 AM.png

Edited by KKB
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/30/2023 at 9:35 AM, KKB said:

It appears you can. $6.50 for Acqua Panna or San Pellegrino bottle. 

Is it worth it up upgrade? 

Well, it's about $250pp for a 7 day cruise; if you are sailing w/ a spouse or friend that is $500 more.

So...will you drink 6 of these large bottles/day? (will both of you if 2/room).

If so, it is probably worth it.

5? Then no.

(PS I understand this is a burning question for you, but you might pose your response more politely to get polite responses.

For example:

"Thank for your responses. I understand NCL sells water boxes. I'm curious if I can also get Acqua Panna/San Pellegrino bottles onboard, what their cost is, and if so,  whether it is the smart move to get Premium Plus")

Screenshot 2023-08-30 at 10.30.27 AM.png

Thanks for the etiquette tip... I believe the question had originally been posted and responded to politely, but without actually answering the question. I was trying to be more clear about what I wanted to know, not what the options were. A lot can be misconstrued when written... I meant no offense to anyone. 

On 8/13/2023 at 2:27 PM, cruisinggrandma57 said:

I'm going on the Joy in October, does anyone know how much a bottle of water cost? Is it worth it to upgrade to premium package?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Annmarie

Water is 100% free, simply take your water bottle to the buffet and fill it up.

On 8/30/2023 at 7:09 AM, ctlyf said:

$6.50 in your room. Not really a bottle you want to refill. No ecologically damaging plastic bottles of water,

just paper boxes. 

IMG_4378.thumb.jpeg.973f6890296fb831c5363dc90e821350.jpeg

IMG_4376.thumb.jpeg.bea2fa94caffab16b8f2de8ab422f48d.jpeg

• Thanks 1