Are Spa Balcony and Spa Club Balcony Suites Getting Phased Out?

JandC_Cruising

We LOVE the Thermal Spa on all the ships we've been on...Escape, Encore, Epic, and most recently the Getaway.  We are also very pleased they are adding a Thermal Spa to the Joy.

We have a 7-day booked on the Breakaway in March in a Spa Balcony cabin.  However, we were just checking to see if we could change to a Spa Club Balcony and noticed it was sold out.

We then looked across dozens of cruises for 2024 and notice that it looks like all the Spa Balcony and Spa Club Balcony cabins on ALL the ships are "Sold Out" for the entire year.  Only Spa Haven Suites are available.

What is going on? 

Is this another NCL website glitch/error or is NCL moving to eliminate cabins that come with the Thermal Spa access?

Edited by JandC_Cruising

7 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

It actually isn't completely unlikely that the SPA Balcony and Spa Club Balcony Suites are sold-out, since, they are an $$ attractive way to get a balcony and Spa access in one step.  Both are very popular.

I've checked ALL 2024 Cruises on the Escape, Epic, Encore, Breakaway, and Getaway...I agree they are popular, but not that popular.  

2 hours ago, JandC_Cruising said:

I've checked ALL 2024 Cruises on the Escape, Epic, Encore, Breakaway, and Getaway...I agree they are popular, but not that popular.  

I agree, while popular, very unlikely sold out for the entire 2024.   I would not be surprised if NCL decided to eliminate the non Haven spa suites.

• Like 3

Looks like they are still available on escape this december.. Spa balcony.. Now club spa balcony I dont know how many they really have for that class..   I kept watching and did snag one for this december (club spa balcony) from club balcony.  But spa balconies have been available every time I looked.. 

10 minutes ago, D_And_K_gocruising said:

Looks like they are still available on escape this december.. Spa balcony.. Now club spa balcony I dont know how many they really have for that class..   I kept watching and did snag one for this december (club spa balcony) from club balcony.  But spa balconies have been available every time I looked.. 

I agree, you can find them through 2023, but looking at cruises into 2024 and 2025, they are all marked "sold out", regardless of ship, unless they are "H9 - Haven Spa Suites"

• Like 1

I don’t know if they’re being phased out, but I always wondered why the “spa” cabins always seem to be so much more expensive than booking a regular cabin and buying a spa pass.  That’s the way I’ve always done it.  What am I missing?  Why pay more a cabin of you can purchase a la carte for less?

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

So, I just noticed the room I booked on the Breakaway was originally B9 (A spa room); now, however, on my itinerary online it shows a BA room--- same room number. 

I have a call into NCL, but the rep I spoke with had no idea what was happening and said he would find out and call back. 

Also, have a letter coming from NCL today, according to Informed Delivery. 

1 hour ago, shannonkish said:

So, I just noticed the room I booked on the Breakaway was originally B9 (A spa room); now, however, on my itinerary online it shows a BA room--- same room number. 

I have a call into NCL, but the rep I spoke with had no idea what was happening and said he would find out and call back. 

Also, have a letter coming from NCL today, according to Informed Delivery. 

We are booked on the Getaway,  February 2024.  I noticed the other day Haven Spa Suites were not listed.  Now, today,  I see,  there are no Haven Spa Suites at all.  It's not showing sold out,  it shows that those cabins are now included as Haven Penthouse Suites.

We are looking for 2 spa balcony suites on Escape, or Encore or Epic for any time in March or April.  I couldn't find a single one.  Have people had good luck buying the pass beforehand?  If then we'll just get a regular balcony. 

Thanks

Definitely something going on. I have a cruise coming up in December, in a Haven Spa room. My room number now missing from my account. I was looking at another cruise in April and last week spa rooms were in abundance, now there are none.

I checked the Escape for 2 months out and nothing, in any category spa.

Something is going on methinks.......

Just now, stefmaia said:

Definitely something going on. I have a cruise coming up in December, in a Haven Spa room. My room number now missing from my account. I was looking at another cruise in April and last week spa rooms were in abundance, now there are none.

I checked the Escape for 2 months out and nothing, in any category spa.

Something is going on methinks.......

If you look at the deck plans they now have "For bookings before January 7, 2024" and "For Bookings after January 7, 2024" on Blicc, Breakaway and other Thermal Spa ships. 

2 minutes ago, shannonkish said:

If you look at the deck plans they now have "For bookings before January 7, 2024" and "For Bookings after January 7, 2024" on Blicc, Breakaway and other Thermal Spa ships. 

Where can I see new deck plan, can you link please?

NCL is removing spa rooms from cruises.

When going to make a payment today for our cruise in March, I see our room category has changed from Spa Club Balcony Suite to just Balcony Suite and a different number. 

Our honeymoon cruise in Nov 2024 no longer has The Haven Spa Suite with Balcony either, they switched us to 'The Haven Penthouse Suite with Balcony' 

When I checked the room pages they show now for Breakaway, 'Departures before Jan 07, 2024' have Spa rooms, including Club Balcony Suite, Baclony, and The Haven,

On our Getaway ship, they've stripped all club rooms starting Jan 02, 2024

This is some major BS as someone who booked these two rooms for the spa privelges, when I could've just purchased it onboard separately.  

Really shoddy service and way to treat people with existing reservations, shame on NCL. 

Edited by cpqq

33 minutes ago, jcollin said:

We are looking for 2 spa balcony suites on Escape, or Encore or Epic for any time in March or April.  I couldn't find a single one.  Have people had good luck buying the pass beforehand?  If then we'll just get a regular balcony. 

Thanks

There should not be an issue booking the spa.  When you book the cabin you can choose to purchase the spa pass right online.  We bought ours for next week’s Alaska cruise in July - around two days after we booked the trip.

Just now, cpqq said:

When going to make a payment today for our cruise in March, I see our room category has changed from Spa Club Balcony Suite to just Balcony Suite and a different number. 

Our honeymoon cruise in Nov 2024 no longer has The Haven Spa Suite with Balcony either, they switched us to 'The Haven Penthouse Suite with Balcony' 

When I checked the room pages they show now for Breakaway, 'Departures before Jan 07, 2024' have Spa rooms, including Club Balcony Suite, Baclony, and The Haven,

This is some major BS as someone who booked these two rooms for the spa privelges, when I could've just purchased it onboard separately.  

Really shoddy service and way to treat people with existing reservations, shame on NCL. 

I am still waiting for my cruise agent to call me back. They hadn't heard anything about this at all and were just as confused as I was. 

1 minute ago, shannonkish said:

I am still waiting for my cruise agent to call me back. They hadn't heard anything about this at all and were just as confused as I was. 

Yeah it seems they make changes on the website, then expect people, even including agents and employees wonder. 

This is an upsell opportunity for them, it's just really lousy that I booked two specific rooms for 2024 cruises, saving up, paying off monthly, and realize today the spa privileges are no longer included. 

I can guarantee it won't be honored for existing guests.

On our last cruise 1+ year ago, the spa and staff were sure I didn't have a spa room. I had to show them in person (it said Spa Room on our door) on a printout that our Haven room was infact a 'Spa Haven' room. Only after 1 day, and The Haven concierge getting in touch with land were we granted rights to the Thermal Spa.

Now it's gone it seems. 

4 minutes ago, cpqq said:

When I checked the room pages they show now for Breakaway, 'Departments before Jan 07, 2024' have Spa rooms, including Club Balcony Suite, Baclony, and The Haven,

Surely if you have already bought and paid for these cabins before Jan7th the booking will stand as printed.

The name of the cabin may have changed but the amenity is still available.

• Like 1

Just now, cpqq said:

Yeah it seems they make changes on the website, then expect people, even including agents and employees wonder. 

This is an upsell opportunity for them, it's just really lousy that I booked two specific rooms for 2024 cruises, saving up, paying off monthly, and realize today the spa privileges are no longer included. 

I can guarantee it won't be honored for existing guests.

On our last cruise 1+ year ago, the spa and staff were sure I didn't have a spa room. I had to show them in person (it said Spa Room on our door) on a printout that our Haven room was infact a 'Spa Haven' room. Only after 1 day, and The Haven concierge getting in touch with land were we granted rights to the Thermal Spa.

Now it's gone it seems. 

Mine is paid in full. If Spa is not included, then they will be providing 100% refund or an upgraded cabin. No doubt about that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stefmaia said:

Surely if you have already bought and paid for these cabins before Jan7th the booking will stand as printed.

The name of the cabin may have changed but the amenity is still available.

They changed my cabin name and style. On their site it says for cruises after Jan 2 / Jan 7, 2024, there are no such things as spa rooms.

Sadly it's not as printed anymore since they changed me from M9 to MA.

I'm sure they'll strip the site soon but keep this URL: https://web.archive.org/web/20230208032042/https://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/cruise-accommodations/spa-cruise

1 minute ago, shannonkish said:

Mine is paid in full. If Spa is not included, then they will be providing 100% refund or an upgraded cabin. No doubt about that. 

Please keep us updated, I'm gutted our 'sure thing' vacations for 2024 are now going to cost 1,000+ more, likely per cruise because my wife loves the spa. 

Just now, cpqq said:

They changed my cabin name and style. On their site it says for cruises after Jan 2 / Jan 7, 2024, there are no such things as spa rooms.

Sadly it's not as printed anymore since they changed me from M9 to MA.

I'm sure they'll strip the site soon but keep this URL: https://web.archive.org/web/20230208032042/https://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/cruise-accommodations/spa-cruise

That may be, but my itinerary that they emailed at the time of booking says the category of room I purchased. So, they will have to honor it or face a lawsuit (if they decide not to provide something equivalent.)

• Like 1