Are Spa Balcony and Spa Club Balcony Suites Getting Phased Out?

JandC_Cruising

1 hour ago, joydivision84 said:

Right, so just spoke to someone on the phone and asked them after the call to send me an email with absolute definitive clarification (which he did). He stated and I have it in writing that 2023 cruises are not affected by the Spa reclassification and that policy comes into affect in 2024, specifically January.

He says he thinks the person who sent me the last email just didn't read clearly that I was enquiring about a cruise in 2023, and not 2024. That basically they half assed it, lol. He told me Spa access is confirmed for Spa rooms throughout 2023, bought outright or via winning an upgrade bid. 

And tomorrow you’ll get a different answer 

• Haha 1

On 8/13/2023 at 3:48 PM, JandC_Cruising said:

We LOVE the Thermal Spa on all the ships we've been on...Escape, Encore, Epic, and most recently the Getaway.  We are also very pleased they are adding a Thermal Spa to the Joy.

We have a 7-day booked on the Breakaway in March in a Spa Balcony cabin.  However, we were just checking to see if we could change to a Spa Club Balcony and noticed it was sold out.

We then looked across dozens of cruises for 2024 and notice that it looks like all the Spa Balcony and Spa Club Balcony cabins on ALL the ships are "Sold Out" for the entire year.  Only Spa Haven Suites are available.

What is going on? 

Is this another NCL website glitch/error or is NCL moving to eliminate cabins that come with the Thermal Spa access?

Predicted future phased out!  

On 10/3/2023 at 4:44 AM, eileeshb said:

Basically if you ring them to reprice when the price drops you would lose the spa pass. Same idea as when the FAS terms change after your initial booking, when you re-price you get switched to the new FAS terms. It effectively means that unless the fare drops far more than the cost of a spa pass you better not call for a re-price.

Has anybody noticed approximately how much the prices changed when the "complimentary spa" was eliminated?