Are Spa Balcony and Spa Club Balcony Suites Getting Phased Out?

JandC_Cruising

33 minutes ago, ATXBecky said:

I have vision problems and appreciate the large font. Didn't have any trouble reading. You keep doing you!

Thank you for your support!  It's appreciated.🌞  Unfortunatlely, we can't please everyone.

1 hour ago, sunshine55 said:

the font is size 18 in my comment above..enlarged for those who have problems with eye sight....sorry you don't appreciate..I'm not a keyboard warrior...please just scan right by and have a good day🌞

It’s not the font size, it’s the script. It makes it nearly impossible to read. And even more-so if you have bad eyesight, which I do!  Regular font with size 18 (like in your reply here) would be a lot better!

Edited by psac
  • Like 5

13 hours ago, Jetswdo said:

Ok, I just received notification that my Haven Spa cabin H9 has been re named Haven Penthouse Suite with Balcony HI ---

It says spa stateroom reservations made prior to Oct. 2, 2023  (mine was made months earlier) will reflect the name change  and thermal suite access will be protected.  But if any changes are made to stateroom number or " reserrvation changes that adjust your voyage fare will void our complimentary thermal suite passes."  What!!!

Basically if you ring them to reprice when the price drops you would lose the spa pass. Same idea as when the FAS terms change after your initial booking, when you re-price you get switched to the new FAS terms. It effectively means that unless the fare drops far more than the cost of a spa pass you better not call for a re-price.

• Like 1

Something fishy going on ahead for 2024 - but, maybe that's just me.

FYI - Balcony booked (before end of this year) 

Max bid for our upcoming to a Spa Balcony is just $320 p/p x 2

Min bid for Club Balcony Suite starts at $300 p/p x 2, to a max of $760 x 2

Minimum bids are pretty low, probably last chance to win them at these 😳 😂 😎 

Screenshot_20231003-101304.png

Edited by mking8288

1 hour ago, mking8288 said:

Something fishy going on ahead for 2024 - but, maybe that's just me.

FYI - Balcony booked (before end of this year) 

Max bid for our upcoming to a Spa Balcony is just $320 p/p x 2

Min bid for Club Balcony Suite starts at $300 p/p x 2, to a max of $760 x 2

Minimum bids are pretty low, probably last chance to win them at these 😳 😂 😎 

Screenshot_20231003-101304.png

It’s just you.

Being my usual paranoid self, I just called up Norwegian regarding my Haven spa cabin being changed from H9 to HI now called Haven Penthouse Suite with balcony.  The gentleman I spoke with said he has been inundated with calls regarding the letter sent.  I just wanted to make sure that as long as I don't try to get the basic fare changed (should prices drop between now and next August when I have the sailing), my thermal access is guaranteed as booked. I was nervous as it says "no reservation changes"  that if I were to add or delete a shore excursion or something  like that, it would cancel the thermal passes.  He assured me it was just the basic fare.  Hopefully, he knows what he is talking about!

On 10/2/2023 at 12:56 PM, cpqq said:

Article came out before this. I can guarantee that the Joy will not have Spa category rooms, they're removed from the site from boats. 

https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/getaway/staterooms/spa

https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/breakaway/staterooms/spa

Within the last week they've added on the top right 'Departing before Jan 07, 2024 | Departing on or after Jan 07, 2024'

No more Spa rooms on either boats after. 

What I'm really curious about is what happens to people like myself who've had reservations for month with H9 (Haven Spa Suite) and M9 (Club Balcony Spa Suite) that have been switched without any notice. 

The letter says that if you had a previously booked spa room, you keep your thermal suite benefit.  

18 hours ago, Captain-John said:

This is a disappointing change, I have often booked spa category cabins to guarantee access.

Now subject to competing with others for the passes, they may sell out. Plus of course the price has increased.

I don't think this change will have much effect on spa passes selling out because it isn't changing the demand.  If people still want spa access, they can just book a regular room and pay for the pass.  There shouldn't be an increase in spa pass purchases, and I would think there will ultimately be less people with spa access. Where it does change the dynamic is on upgrade bids.  You will no longer be able to bid on a spa room upgrade and get access. 

• Like 1

Just wanted to pass this information along. I had/have a Spa Balcony booked on the Encore for July 2024 and my previous confirmations all had me as having a B9 Cabin Category. I just made a payment today to utilize the AMEX offer and the confirmation they sent me has it listed as Stateroom: B9-BA. So it seems at least as of right now the NCL confirmations are still making a distinction as having booked a Spa Cabin while also acknowledging the reclassification of the cabin type.

50 minutes ago, skittl1321 said:

The letter says that if you had a previously booked spa room, you keep your thermal suite benefit.  

The Joy isn't getting a thermal suite until 2024. I think by the time they're finished, while it'll have a Thermal Suite, no rooms that automatically come with it.

Good on NCL for honoring existing reservations on this. 

35 minutes ago, cpqq said:

The Joy isn't getting a thermal suite until 2024. I think by the time they're finished, while it'll have a Thermal Suite, no rooms that automatically come with it.

Actually, for a short period of time they were booking spa rooms on the Joy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cpqq said:

If they already booked them, people aren't losing the benefit. The person I replied to already booked the category.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, skittl1321 said:

If they already booked them, people aren't losing the benefit. The person I replied to already booked the category.

The person who you replied to was me  😀

I noticed this on the 2nd when making an additional payment, around 6-8 hours before they started sending out memos regarding this and ran to CC to see if anyone knew about it. Had no idea the change was made that day!

@RedwingHockeyFan Interesting to know they were selling Spa Rooms on the Joy for a while, I don't even see them on the ship's page, before or after Jan. Only odd because the Getaway and Breakaway show Spa categories, albeit none after Jan 2024 sailings. 

Just now, cpqq said:

The person who you replied to was me  😀

I noticed this on the 2nd when making an additional payment, around 6-8 hours before they started sending out memos regarding this and ran to CC to see if anyone knew about it. Had no idea the change was made that day!

@RedwingHockeyFan Interesting to know they were selling Spa Rooms on the Joy for a while, I don't even see them on the ship's page, before or after Jan. Only odd because the Getaway and Breakaway show Spa categories, albeit none after Jan 2024 sailings. 

Yes, the situation is quite weird.  The Joy never had spa rooms but was planning too.  We have a cruise in March, and they emailed us a letter stating all the changes, including removing the Laser tag for a thermal spa, removing half the observation deck to add Haven rooms and reclassifying some deck 14 aft balconies to spa balconies, which now they are reclassifying back.  So, for about two months they were selling spa balconies for sailings after FEB 2024.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RedwingHockeyFan said:

Yes, the situation is quite weird.  The Joy never had spa rooms but was planning too.  We have a cruise in March, and they emailed us a letter stating all the changes, including removing the Laser tag for a thermal spa, removing half the observation deck to add Haven rooms and reclassifying some deck 14 aft balconies to spa balconies, which now they are reclassifying back.  So, for about two months they were selling spa balconies for sailings after FEB 2024.

Here is the link that came with the letter:

Norwegian Cruise Line Announces Extensive Enhancements to Norwegian Joy (ncl.com)

• Like 1

Where this gets even weirder and more complex is when you add staterooms upgrade bids into the mix.

We are sailing on the Breakaway on Nov 28th 2023, currently booked in a family balcony room. We got an invite to bid for an upgrade about 6 weeks ago.

We bid on a Spa Balcony and a Spa suite, so the question(s) is, we bid before Oct 2nd, but there's been no acceptance or denial yet for the upgrade bids being successful. If say hypothetically our upgrade is successful and granted just days before the cruise, then our state room changes to a Spa room of some sort, would we get the Spa access? (the only reason we bid for an upgrade).

or

Is it simple, and that all cruises before Jan 7th 2024, all Spa rooms, both balcony and club will have full access to the Spa, including bid upgrade rooms changed to those categories post Oct 2nd.

I received 2 emails from Norwegian today in response to the question I asked, if 2023 cruises will be affected by this change, and even more specifically if current and ongoing upgrade bids for Spa rooms/suites for 2023 trips will be honored with the advertised complimentary spa access. Note, even now the bidding sites advertises Spa access with Spa Balcony upgrades, and you can even buy a room from scratch today for a Spa balcony where it states Spa access is included. Once again, 2023.

Even more specifically my question concerned my upcoming Nov 28th 2023 Breakaway sailing. I will copy and paste the first answer i got (this morning), which seems clear and simple. Below that I will copy/paste a new email I got 20 mins ago or so (same day), completely contradicting the first answer I received. I am VERY confused,

First email answer from NCL, this morning ------

"

Upgrade Tech Issues

10:46 AM (5 hours ago)

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us!

Your sailing and all sailings through the end of 2023 will not be affected.

Have a great day,

Upgrade Advantage

www.ncl.com

Norwegian Cruise Line"

Second email, received same day ----------

"Dear Mark and Jessica,

Thank you for writing in regarding your concerns, we greatly appreciate the observations and feedback of our valued guests and regret to learn of any dissatisfaction. 

While we strive to exceed our guests’ expectations in all aspects of the cruise experience, we always understand there is room for improvement, and we thank you for detailing your experience. 

We are happy to clarify our policy change and the terms and conditions that apply to it. Current bids will not be honored for spa access if awarded. Should you need to access the platform to modify or cancel bids, you may do so by either following the prompts of the email or through myncl.com up until 5 hours prior to departure, provided your bid has not already been accepted and charged to your credit card.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced. We thank you for your time and look forward to welcoming you aboard soon.

Madelyn Lau on behalf of Katty Byrd

Senior Vice President, Guest Services

vicepresidentguestservices@ncl.com

Norwegian Cruise Line

7665 Corporate Center Drive | Miami FL 33126 "

I have absolutely no idea what to make of this situation and to be honest neither do they?  

On 10/4/2023 at 11:36 AM, shannonkish said:

Not happy with the change. Glad they are honoring my booking for July 2024, but this will definitely impact my future cruising with NCL. 

Why will it impact future cruising? If you want spa access just pay for it pre cruise. 

• Like 2

LOL I know they could only possibly offer FCC as the difference, and since we arent 100% sure we'll even enjoy cruising, I was wondering if it would be worth it to actually change back to a club balcony, on a deck or 2 lower to get away from being right under the pool area and just paying for the spa.. 

46 minutes ago, joydivision84 said:

I received 2 emails from Norwegian today in response to the question I asked, if 2023 cruises will be affected by this change, and even more specifically if current and ongoing upgrade bids for Spa rooms/suites for 2023 trips will be honored with the advertised complimentary spa access. Note, even now the bidding sites advertises Spa access with Spa Balcony upgrades, and you can even buy a room from scratch today for a Spa balcony where it states Spa access is included. Once again, 2023.

Even more specifically my question concerned my upcoming Nov 28th 2023 Breakaway sailing. I will copy and paste the first answer i got (this morning), which seems clear and simple. Below that I will copy/paste a new email I got 20 mins ago or so (same day), completely contradicting the first answer I received. I am VERY confused,

"

Upgrade Tech Issues

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me

Hello,

Have a great day,

Upgrade Advantage

www.ncl.com

Norwegian Cruise Line"

"Dear Mark and Jessica,

Thank you for writing in regarding your concerns, we greatly appreciate the observations and feedback of our valued guests and regret to learn of any dissatisfaction. 

While we strive to exceed our guests’ expectations in all aspects of the cruise experience, we always understand there is room for improvement, and we thank you for detailing your experience. 

We are happy to clarify our policy change and the terms and conditions that apply to it. Current bids will not be honored for spa access if awarded. Should you need to access the platform to modify or cancel bids, you may do so by either following the prompts of the email or through myncl.com up until 5 hours prior to departure, provided your bid has not already been accepted and charged to your credit card.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced. We thank you for your time and look forward to welcoming you aboard soon.

Norwegian Cruise Line

I have absolutely no idea what to make of this situation and to be honest neither do they?  

47 minutes ago, joydivision84 said:

"

Upgrade Tech Issues

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me

Hello,

Have a great day,

Upgrade Advantage

www.ncl.com

Norwegian Cruise Line"

"Dear Mark and Jessica,

Norwegian Cruise Line

Right, so just spoke to someone on the phone and asked them after the call to send me an email with absolute definitive clarification (which he did). He stated and I have it in writing that 2023 cruises are not affected by the Spa reclassification and that policy comes into affect in 2024, specifically January.

He says he thinks the person who sent me the last email just didn't read clearly that I was enquiring about a cruise in 2023, and not 2024. That basically they half assed it, lol. He told me Spa access is confirmed for Spa rooms throughout 2023, bought outright or via winning an upgrade bid.